Eventing Stallion help

magictree

New User
Visit site
Hello All,

I am hoping for a bit of stallion advice as there are so many to choose from! Im looking for an event or SJ stallion for my 15.2h mare for next year. Ideally around 16hh with a good competition record and some progeny out eventing also. As aN amateur rider who is hoping to eventually compete it myself nothing known to be sharp or tricky. Thanks for your thoughts.

magictree

New User
Visit site
She is irish sport, coloured cob x TB. Great allrounder but lacks scope. Good conformation, perfect at lower levels but 90-1m is her limit. Im not after a 5* but something to progress further would be ideal.

Asha

Visit site
How about Cos me is Black ? Nice IDxTB stallion , who seems to produce nice rideable amateur friendly horses .

I’ve seen alot of nice types by a TB stallion - Watermill Swatch . Don’t know how rideable they are , but worth looking at

TheMule

Visit site
Britannia's Mail, Primitive Faerie Tale, Philanderer and Exclusive are all not too big and are doing/ have done the job nicely.
Universal is a really nice TB stallion with a lot of quality if you wanted to add in more blood. There are lots of SJ stallions that might fit, but you're risking not having enough blood to go eventing

ihatework

Visit site
I think primitive faerie tale is a great shout by The Mule.
With an unspecified Irish cob mix I would want to keep as close as Tb as possible.

Abi90

Visit site
Challenge at Bluebell Stud would give you what you want except for being 16.3.

He’s sired all rounders up to competition horses but all his progeny are known to have a steady and level headed temperament. He is a grade A showjumper but has evented and his progeny event, Ben Hobday has a couple

I was thinking about Cos Me Is Black for my mare but he’s known to throw bigger than the mare. Mine is now in foal to Challenge

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I would look to go TB or pretty close to it. All the Take it 2 the Limits seem to be nice people that I have met.

I like Asagao xx a lot. Road to Happiness xx is another TB stallion I would consider. For something a little less special but with what looks like a super temperament there is Wessex Starring Role xx.

ahml100

Visit site
Thank you asha, cos me is black definitely looks interesting

I have a lovely Cos Me Is Black 3 year old who I have owned since a yearling. He is a truly beautiful horse with a fantastic attitude. I did not breed him but for my first proper youngster, he has been wonderful.

Springs

Visit site
Hi Ansiei would also be worth a look, he is a full TB who has proved himself on the race track and has youngstock competing with amateur and professional riders.

One of his oldest is with Sarah Dowley in Ireland competing at 2*L and another has just moved to Polly Stockton.

He would be ideal

LittleGreyMare

Visit site
Personally I used up with the lark. Thought breed with a high quality eventer etc. Breed as best as you can.

Actually that gave me a horse who wasn’t really suitable for a hobby rider. In hindsight I would possibly have chosen a horse that was doing more what I wanted to do with the potential foal.