Eventing stallions with a good temperament

sm123

New User
Visit site
As per the thread title, starting to look for stallions to use on my mare next season to foal 2025. She’s a 14.2h maiden Connemara. Looking for an event/sj stallion to add height and movement. How big is too big? And stallion MUST throw offspring with a calm and trainable temperament

TheMule

Visit site
Britannia’s Mail- he’s an absolute gem himself and not too big. He won’t add much movement, but he’s scopey, careful and level headed

Alwaysmoretoknow

Visit site
Maybe have a look at Opposition Bombshell (now only available by frozen). He had the most lovely temperament I have ever encountered in a breeding stallion (like a huge lab with manners to burn-you wouldn't have known he was an entire unless you looked underneath) and has produced some very talented and trainable offspring. Catherston would advise you regarding his size relative to your Connie mare.

Springs

Visit site
Hi we have some super stallions, with Ansiei being ideal adding blood and refinement, or you could take a look at Springfield Symphony will add blood and height, Venterprise by the great VOLTAIRE is around 55% blood. The other option is Spring‘S Spirit who will also add blood and refinemen.

all of the stallions can jump and have great youngstock who are very trainable and suited to all levels of rider.

Two of the boys have youngstock competing at 4* in eventing

😃

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Can't beat a lovely Trakehner! Grafenstolz is Lordships Gruffalo's dad and he is absolutely mega! Can't fault his success rate!

TheMule

Visit site
Maybe have a look at Opposition Bombshell (now only available by frozen). He had the most lovely temperament I have ever encountered in a breeding stallion (like a huge lab with manners to burn-you wouldn't have known he was an entire unless you looked underneath) and has produced some very talented and trainable offspring. Catherston would advise you regarding his size relative to your Connie mare.

I have a yearling by him so I'm a fan, but I wouldn’t generally advise Opposition blood for just anyone. I know and adore them, but they usually require tact and patience. They then make wonderful horses, but they aren’t for everyone (including a number of top event riders who have sent them back rapidly!)

Asha

Visit site
There is no doubting his performance but I'm not sure how available he is as he doesn’t stand in the UK now, and he wouldn’t be my first pick for breeding an amateur's event horse

This ^^ he does appear to be more of a pro ride.

How about a nice TB stallion ? Connie x TB seem to make great amateur rides. As shes only 14.2 and a maiden id be looking for something on the smaller side. Have a word with the groomsbridge stud, think they have some nice TB stallions that arent too big.

Ceifer

Visit site
then you must be one of the lucky ones.
It is interesting. I know his full sister who is also fantastic and with an amateur. Maybe it’s the way they are started.
Mine also has progeny and they’re all very promising youngsters with great temperaments.