Eventing's best of the best...

Glfprncs

New User
Visit site
Just sitting here with the end of the school year already here (yippee...no more teaching 8th graders until August), and was curious about a question for all of you on the 'other side of the pond.'

I started my 'eventing' career in the early 80s, and was mesmerized by the likes of Ginny Leng (Elliot), Bruce Davidson, and Mark Todd. Whenever I'm asked, "If you could pick one horse, from any time period, to have in your stable, who would you choose? Of course, I immediately think of Priceless, Charisma and J.J. Babu. However, others come to mind that I think are spectacular creatures, but none seem to have that special something that those three did for me as a young teenage girl. Others that struck me in one way or another over the years, and who I'd stable anytime are: Morag (Sarah Cotton, I believe?), The Pirate (Kerry Milliken's ride in the early 80s--don't believe she ever competed him outside of the US), Eagle Lion (another Bruce Davidson mount), and Dylan II (Polly Schwerdt's game little bay). Of course, today, anything that Pippa sits on would have a happy home with me as well.

So...I'm going to ask all of you....if you could pick one horse to have in your eventing stable, who would you pick, and why?

H-J

www.piczo.com
Would prob get more replies to this in comp riders.

Ive got three stable free!
grin.gif

Cregwarrior - For the way he helped Jonty out at Badders this year

Charisma - For his guts

What a perfrmance - Really stood out for me at badders

MagicMelon

Visit site
Jester's Quest - The first Lusitano to complete Badminton. Just loved this little horse.

Also like Toytown, nice honest type who looks like he's always help you out of trouble!

welshchick

Visit site
King William - he was just wonderful and took my breath away whenever I saw him.

Oh yes, I remember Eagle Lion! Saw him at Badminton in 1995 - he was so energetic and bouncy! Loved him
grin.gif