eventriders.com VS eventingworldwide.com

nicoleamy

Visit site
is anyone on here a member of these websites?
i think eventriders.com has gone downhill a bit recently, it used to be so good and worth the money.
the other one (eventingworldwide.com) i think is really expensive to join...i like looking at the news and pics, but not that much! i think it is overpriced and not as good as the old eventriders.com. that was so good and not that expensive as i remember. its a shame there is now two not that great websites..it be better if they were just one site that was really good, like the old eventriders.com.

H-J

www.piczo.com
I agree, eventriders.com has really gone downhill they dont update anything anymore you used to be able to click on GB Fixtures and then go in and get information about the event but now you cant and they never have pictures from teh event like SOE etc. I think eventing worldwide looks good but I dont want to pay £30 if it isnt going to be any good

BBs

Visit site
They are both the brain child of oner person - however, the partnership broke down whilst running ER.com so Hilary has gone it alone and set up EWW.com

I guess this could be a better site now - but i am not paying for it. IMO I can do without event reports and course pictures at this time of year - may join next year when theyve got the site up and running fully!

However, as for ER.com I think I would save your money also!

nicoleamy

Visit site
yea u see i think that £30 is a hell of a lot of money to pay to be honest. im like BBs i could do without it, especially at this time of the year. if it was a lot cheaper i would join probably. but i think it is a bit of a waste of money. u dont really need all the info. its a shame tho cos the old eventriders had the right balance and was worth joining and was i think a great idea.

Rambo

Visit site
I just paid out to subscribe to EventRiders.com and have to say i'm very disappointed
frown.gif
I simply wanted the course photo's and very few of the events I am interested in are listed...

Save your money
shocked.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
it annoyed me that everything that was on Eventriders.com was copied on to EWW and they were trying to charge us to view information we had already paid for with our ER.com subscriptions.

nicoleamy

Visit site
yea i agree with you dieseldog, that is really bad, they basically did a complete copy of the info, and its so stupid to do that cos its already been read. and then to charge for it?? your right..thats not on really.
i think it was a really good market when there was just eventriders, which was affordable and provided really good info. now there are wo websites its no where near as good...i cant be bothered to waste my money on either as the quality is not as good now there are two websites rather than one.
i wonder is eventingworldwide actually has many members..i cant see many people paying so much money to join, esp when alot of it is just the same on eventriders and that is cheaper!

Bossanova

Visit site
Give eventingww some time, they certyainly have far more going on than ER even at the moment and I know that a lot is planned to go up now the eventing season is getting a bit quieter- they will have a far more ful portfolio of course pics, they have permission to take most of the ones from ER from earlier this season so by next year you should be able to look up course pics for the large majority of events.

£30 is quite expensive imo but I expect they will either review that in the new year or make the site more worth that amount- I wouldnt write it off just yet and ER has def gone down hill big time- main ly as they dont have any reporters!!

nicoleamy

Visit site
yea well hoefully it will improve, they definately either need to massively improve it to make it worth the money or reduce the cost. i think reducing the cost is the most important thing tho, its just way too expensive in my opinion.

welshchick

Visit site
I'm not a happy bunny that ER.com has gone downhill. Not sure if I want to continue being a member next year. I really hope the ER team do something to improve it. If not, I will have to consider joining eventingworldwide.com, even though I think it's expensive!

Rambo

Visit site
Out of interest, how much is EWW.com to join ? Everyone seems to be saying it's expensive but didn't someone mentiona figure of £30 to join
tongue.gif
I'm sure I just paid £25 to join ER.com
confused.gif

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
eww.com is £30 per year, but if you buy before Christmas you get an extra 2 months free, so pay £30 for 14months effectively, working out at £2.14 a month. er.com is £26 a year, working out at £2.16 a month. So eww.com is actually cheaper, as well as giving more for your money, for example er.com had 18 event reports for Sept, eww.com had 26, and all the columnists that were previously on er.com have left to go to eww.com because they think it will be far better.

eww.com is very new - give it a chance.

Rambo

Visit site
Okay, so I don't get why people are complaining about the expense of the new site
confused.gif
It's hardly hundred's of pounds to join is it
blush.gif

People do need to realise that not all information of the WWW is free, and quality information and quality service does cost as it doesn't get there for free
crazy.gif

Patricksmum

Visit site
Does anyone mourn the passing of the Ginny Elliot site - I know I do. It was incredibly interesting but also felt really cosy, as though you were keeping in touch with like-minded people who all had something interesting to contribute

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I thought about joining but I have been round most of the courses in the SW and the opinions I get on here are probably more worthwhile if travelling further afield. Its all very well looking at fences but a lot of the lines are missed off and the fences look smaller in photos so I have found it has not really helped me. The cost is the eqivilent of a dressage lesson and I know which will benefit me more. Its ok if you are a reporter as you are not paying!

H-J

www.piczo.com
Maybe £30 isnt alot of money but it is when you are getting nothing for it!!!

But I agree to give EWW a chance im sure it will be better.

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe £30 isnt alot of money but it is when you are getting nothing for it!!!

But I agree to give EWW a chance im sure it will be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps didn't make myself entirely clear there. I got the impression that nobody minded paying the £26 for ER.com (when it was full of good information), but thought that £30 was too much in relation to EWW.com
crazy.gif

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone mourn the passing of the Ginny Elliot site - I know I do. It was incredibly interesting but also felt really cosy, as though you were keeping in touch with like-minded people who all had something interesting to contribute

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!! I wish they'd bring it back. Do you know what happened to it? I particularly liked her comments on riding the various BE dressage tests.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
The thing that annoys me is its not just £30 most people have joined ER as well so more like £56 and who can guarrantee the same thing will not happen again?

nicoleamy

Visit site
i didnt realise er.com was so expensive now...i remember only paying £15 to join, which i thought was a fair price! there is NO WAY id pay £26 to join now...its so much worse than it was. i think 10 or 15 pounds is an okish amount to ask. £30 is a lot of money a) if you get nothing for it like hollyjane said and b)if your a student! i could love of that for a week or two!! ha ha. seriously i think they are overpriced for what they both provide. like someone said most of the course photos dont show the lines anymore, they used to. The photo pages used to be really good but now they have hardly any...that was the best bit about the sites i thought. its a shame cos it used to be good value for money. now they are rubbish and over priced!! sorry if i sound a bit harsh, bit in fairness its true! hopefully one of them will pick up soon and get better.

poggio

Visit site
I dont think I'll be paying the £30 to join EWW at the moment but it is going to be over-taking ER.com and will definately be improved on! Give it a few months over the winter and im sure it'll be worth the subs fee.

Not sure what ER.com are going to do, they never update and the site is basically getting boring yet they are still charging people for subs. I cant really see the site lasting much longer either... wonder if they can issue refunds !?