ever feel you're just having a Cr*p phase?

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
Eurgh, feeling proper rubbish about my riding atm. Rode a mare last week that i just couldn't get to sit back and lift in front no matter what i did and got a bit of a (deserved ) rollocking for it, rode a youngster at the weekend who acts nothing like a baby, acts perfectly schooled usually and managed to strike off on the wrong lead about 6 times before i got it right, and saw some pics of me the other day where i felt like i was sat up and was actually practically lay on the poor horses arse. Never leant back in my life, usually have no prob improving a horses way of going and no idea what i did to the poor youngster to make him strike off wrong.

Ever feel like you should go back to being on the lead rein and start over? Ill stop me moaning now Haha.

StormyMoments

Visit site
all the time... i get them days when i just cant sit up straight, i lean forward into canter, i look down constantly and taz goes around like a donkey. i now feel like that every time i ride a horse in a saddle, i have been riding bareback for 6 months now and i seemed to have lost the ability to ride properly or in a saddle :eek: lead rein please!

tinap

Visit site
Daughter is having one at the mo! Qualified for everything this time last year, can't get a clear round now!!! Goes fab at home, in lessons & in collecting ring - then goes tits up in ring!!

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
Stormymoments, i bet your seat is amazing bareback after 6 months of nothing but!

Tinap, i bet that's massively frustrating being ace everywhere but where she really needs to be.

Going riding in a bit, hopefully i can pull myself together enough to at least pick up the right lead today.

StormyMoments

Visit site
i can sit to a rear and spin and a large rodeo (taz's speciality) and have jumped but everything else has gone to pot haha

think about as if you are doing a competition and you are being judge, i always ride better when i do that ;)