Ever forgotten the most important element to a competion...

ClassicG&T

Visit site
....the horse!
Ive been reading something on twitter about people leaving things behind, trailers, horses, mothers and saddles.

So what have you ever forgotten?

Think the worst thing ive every forgotten was a bridle for the Oliver Townend clinic, i went into panic mode :eek:

dafthoss

Visit site
Forgot my hat when I went to try the yellow pony out :rolleyes: thankfully it was the time a friend came with me so I borrowed hers.

Oliviaandsparrow

Visit site
I went to a hunter trial without my hat AND my bridle ;) luckily friend was driving sort of that way back to uni with -as luck would have it- a hat and a bridle which fit!
Also forgotten girths, stirrups, and a saddle once at a sponsored ride. Luckily I had my very old dressage saddle in the car for some reason, which did mean I did a 3 hour gallop/hedge jump in an old dressage saddle :)

Angelbones

Visit site
Golly yes! I've gone all the way to junior camp without the pony, gone again the next day with pony but without any tack (cue mum in nighty coming to the rescue), driven out the yard with pony on board but with rear ramp down, and gone to a show with lead rein child but no hat or back protector. I'm normally not like this at all, honestly :D but it was in the early days of small child / new pony and I would get myself so worked up and nervous before hand that I'd go to pieces. These days of course this never happens, well hardly ever...

Kokopelli

Visit site
I once went to a show and a massive lorry pulls up next to us with a girl who obviously has A LOT of money.

Anyway the girl goes into the lorry to tack up her pony, screams and runs out screaming "mummy we forgot the ponies."

Funniest horsey moment of my life. :)

charlimouse

Visit site
Jumping bridle and brestplate for a ODE
Girth for a SJ clinic
Saddlecloth for ODE and for a clinic (2 seperate occasions - you would have thought I would have learnt after the first time!)

Tifferss

Visit site
all at one show i forgot my saddle, bridle, boots, hat, lead rope......everything BUT the horse.....n)b ed

Paris1

Visit site
Mu friend forgot her hat once. I was at a JA show once and the lorry next door was in q flap, they had arrived at the show one short. The pony was all dressed for travelling chilling in it's stable back home.

I*HM

Visit site
I forgot my bridle and breastplate before when I was boxing to a friends then hacking to a meet. And typically, despite a friend having a very extensive bridle collection, none fitted. What made it worse was she had left her saddle at the gallops (don't ask!) Queue the two of us racing round to the neighbours yard to try and find suitable replacements (not easy to get TB tack to fit a co and a 16.2 HW)!

Eriskayowner

Visit site
I was travelling to a competition once in the back of the lorry with my sister.

We had cleaned the tack the night before and had put it in the back of the lorry with us. I realised that I had no girth on the saddle so banged on the jockey door, which coincided with the engine starting so no-one heard :(

Started shouting but no response :(

Had a brainwave - I had my mobile phone with me so called mother! She had put her bag in with us, with her mobile in it.

We travelled all the way to the venue knowing full well I didn't have a girth!!!

I had to share Jenny's - warming up was interesting!!!

cambrica

Visit site
This post has just reminded me to send off my entry for a welsh show tomorrow morning!! No entries on the day so I don't want to forget anything before I even get to the show day.:eek:

Visit site
I've forgotten stuff for racing before, lead chains, breastgirths, boots, I did forget the colours once too so the horse had to run in a different set, rugs for overnighters etc. Basically everything as some stage or another but the best thing about racing is that everyone else there will always have stuff you can borrow.

I don't think I have ever forgotten anything important for showing. Hoof oil, hoof pick, show sheen etc. at various stages but always have bridles, saddles, filly slips, leads etc. One day I will forget something major but touch wood it hasn't happened yet!

GCC

Visit site
i did forget the jockey once! my friends child competes all of the ponies i get in and i completely forgot to load her into the lorry in the morning, only as i got on the motorway did i think the lorry was unusually quiet!