Ever found a random picture of your horse on the internet ?

TRECtastic

Visit site
2cygl7t.jpg

Husband spotted this pic on the internet advertising 'Black Country Week'

Said is this Henry ? Yes !! It is

Was impressed non horsey husband recognised my horse lol

Anyone else found a random pic of their horse on the net ?

EllenJay

Visit site
2cygl7t.jpg

Husband spotted this pic on the internet advertising 'Black Country Week'

Said is this Henry ? Yes !! It is

Was impressed non horsey husband recognised my horse lol

Anyone else found a random pic of their horse on the net ?
No - not on the internet, but on a TV program.

tiga71

Visit site
There is a photo of me and my horse izzy on an endurance ride at Windsor Castle that is used by a company who do horse riding holidays. It pops up on FB all the time and I get tagged in it. Can't remember the company though.

SEL

Visit site
My horses are on google maps if that counts 😂

Slightly embarrassingly Google earth caught my Ardennes on the day he escaped and ended up in the rested field stuffing his face. It's very obviously him when you zoom in!

Friends often find random photos of him back in his circus days and I've been sent links to YouTube too.

Shay

Visit site
DD took part in Total Confidence live the first time it happened. Fast forward to Your Horse Live that autumn and there she was on a massive poster on the arena wall - we got a photo of her standing in front of it!

On the internet... only when competition ponies pop up with their next (or sometimes previous!) owners or a sharer makes a Facebook page for the old lad.

MissTyc

Visit site
One of my mares wandered across the background of a BBC documentary. From the angle of filming it looks like she's just calmly taking herself for a walk down a road all alone ... (she's actually behind a single stand electric)

Annagain

Visit site
No but M's breeder tracked us down from seeing his name on a riding club results page. She'd been looking for him for years but until we did riding club teams and had to use his registered name we never used it as we hate it! I feel a bit guilty about that, I suppose it's a good way for breeders to keep an eye on their progress.

meleeka

Visit site
Somebody posted a photo of my horse once on a local fb page. I’ve no idea why, it just said “The beautiful beast we had on loan”. It was a bit weird to see a photo of him pop up.

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
Not a random one that I’ve come across, but two of my ponies can be found online in news articles by google searching their names! Ones also in H&H mag. Does that count haha!!

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Not on the internet but on a calendar, jigsaw and birthday card. Years back when I was a kid, someone took a photo of me and two firiends. Gave us £1 between us for our time.

View attachment 34549
I had this jigsaw!! I get photos from my website, FB pages, blog etc nicked regularly, in one case by WHW who didn't even reply to my email asking them not to use it without permission!

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
I used to keep two of my brood mares with their foals in a little paddock alongside the canal. There was a series on about canal trips and my horses appeared in it. I wrote to ask if I could have a still picture from it and was told not possible:(

joosie

Visit site
Not my actual pony, but a very, very good imposter that was in a magazine. Someone sent it to me saying "isn't this Mouse?" and I was like no, this mag was published in 2006 and Mouse wasn't born til 2010... but I swear to god it could have been him, it was his spitting image.

Visit site
My 2 tb's are regulars on the front of Racecards from Ayr and Perth. Obviously from their racing days there are plenty of pictures and videos out there.

Some of my 1/4 marker pictures end up in random places - annoyingly when people claim them as their own handiwork!!!

holeymoley

Visit site
Yes have a cracker of my guy on Google Maps Streetview :D also on Google Images if you search horse with blue eyes or something.

vhf

Visit site
Saw myself and the OH right on the front page of the local newspaper once, which wasn't an entirely pleasant surprise! i'm generally not shown when I should be though - e.g. H&H once printed a photo and interview with the winner of x class (me), but neither the picture nor the interview were me!

catkin

Visit site
Google earth is rather entertaining. We appear to have twice as many horses as we actually had :) - the field was obviously photographed in two passes and the neds had moved!

abbijay

Visit site
I think the reason I joined this forum was because someone posted pictures of my and my horse in response to a stolen horse thread! My 18hh gelding was not the 17hh mare that was missing! I think i contacted admin and requested the (ir)relevant picture be taken down but I don't think it ever was.
As mine came from a riding centre I have occasionally found some pictures of him from previous rides he did.

EventingMum

Visit site
Not quite the same but someone has been posted random pictures from years ago on Facebook and asking people to identify the horse and rider combinations - there was one of me show jumping at the Royal Highland back in .........1984!!