Everybody hurts, sometimes, everybody cries.....

EventingMum

Visit site
So sorry about Vito, horses can be such heartbreakers. I'm sure you'll bond with Parrot soon and then you'll have two boys to love. Don't feel disloyal, just think of it like Vito getting a brother - I'm sure you didn't love your daughter any the less when your son was born. A pic of parrot would be great!

Kelpie

Visit site
Thanx, all my 8 are doing ok (well, apart from the long term lame one) .... As I say, safety in numbers! Plus I am bat **** crazy. Plus 2 are babies and one is the other halfs so only 4 in actual work ;) hope to get my young warmblood out eventing just as soon as she agrees that consistently jumping fences without the need to look at them first is a good plan ;) Xxx

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Bloody horses.

No help but I got a new one and there's nothing wrong with the old one yet I still feel like I am cheating when I ride the new one.

That's further compounded when the old one knocks ten rounds of something out the new one any chance she gets.

Looking forward to hearing about new one. And old one. Etc.

GemG

Visit site
So sorry for Vito.

Your blogs are brilliant and the whole breastfeeding baby - horse thing is so close to home for me and really struck a chord. I wish I could do what you have done.

I was hoping to be doing some BD on my mat leave and so far haven't even managed to get on, let alone get fit, school and my boy (horse, not child) is 21 now, and not a dressage horse, so does take a bit of poking and pulling and prodding into shape for competing! You may think you are struggling and all that, but you are actually an inspiration.

I find the young child, young baby and prancing horses a whole big juggling act that I can't seem to get all the balls in the air at once! It's bad enough taking them to feed them, everything takes hours longer to do and I'm always shouting at the young child to get away from hooves/ back legs/ teeth/ slurry pit/ massive cow pats/ anything really. She will hate horses due to my exasperated shouting.

I will follow your blog with interest, it certainly makes me smile and you are a great writer.

Last edited:

HotToTrot

Visit site
Oh no. I am so sorry, poor you, and poor vito :(.
Looking forward to haring about new ponio tho. X

Thanks!

So sorry about Vito, horses can be such heartbreakers. I'm sure you'll bond with Parrot soon and then you'll have two boys to love. Don't feel disloyal, just think of it like Vito getting a brother - I'm sure you didn't love your daughter any the less when your son was born. A pic of parrot would be great!

Well, no, but I do love her slightly less when she pokes the baby's eyes or bites his cheeks.

Thanx, all my 8 are doing ok (well, apart from the long term lame one) .... As I say, safety in numbers! Plus I am bat **** crazy. Plus 2 are babies and one is the other halfs so only 4 in actual work ;) hope to get my young warmblood out eventing just as soon as she agrees that consistently jumping fences without the need to look at them first is a good plan ;) Xxx

Ha - you've justified your horse head count down to half!

Bloody horses.

No help but I got a new one and there's nothing wrong with the old one yet I still feel like I am cheating when I ride the new one.

That's further compounded when the old one knocks ten rounds of something out the new one any chance she gets.

Looking forward to hearing about new one. And old one. Etc.

Exactly!

So sorry for Vito.

Your blogs are brilliant and the whole breastfeeding baby - horse thing is so close to home for me and really struck a chord. I wish I could do what you have done.

I was hoping to be doing some BD on my mat leave and so far haven't even managed to get on, let alone get fit, school and my boy (horse, not child) is 21 now, and not a dressage horse, so does take a bit of poking and pulling and prodding into shape for competing! You may think you are struggling and all that, but you are actually an inspiration.

I find the young child, young baby and prancing horses a whole big juggling act that I can't seem to get all the balls in the air at once! It's bad enough taking them to feed them, everything takes hours longer to do and I'm always shouting at the young child to get away from hooves/ back legs/ teeth/ slurry pit/ massive cow pats/ anything really. She will hate horses due to my exasperated shouting.

I will follow your blog with interest, it certainly makes me smile and you are a great writer.

Yes, it all takes a lot longer, doesn't it. And you constantly need to be on the lookout for what kamikaze move they're about to pull next....!

I like the fact that your writing can make someone laugh and cry at the same time!
Wishing you luck with your new horse and a speedy recovery for Vito.

Thank you! Mainly crying over laughing, but ho hum!

Suziq77

Visit site
Oh dear! You def need a different hero!

Oh I'd say I'm doing just fine with the ones I have thanks :) Second at Borde Hill BE90 today, following up on a BE90 win at Rackham at the end of last month - this year has seen a huge improvement in my scores and I've even completed one BE100. You know, there's this madwoman who has a City job like mine that writes a blog that convinced me I might just be able to do it myself on a good day (albeit at a lower level!!) and I don't have children to juggle so I flipping well ought to focus better and just pick myself up from the less good days and get back on that horse! I know who educated me about the chasm of doom and the way out ;)

In fact, I'm so pleased that I won a wine glass today I think I might just have to use it.....

jcberry

Visit site
i am sorry to hear about vito, and i hope one day you can get back on board.
hopefully your new one can fill the gap. cant wait to hear your adventures!

HotToTrot

Visit site
Oh I'd say I'm doing just fine with the ones I have thanks :) Second at Borde Hill BE90 today, following up on a BE90 win at Rackham at the end of last month - this year has seen a huge improvement in my scores and I've even completed one BE100. You know, there's this madwoman who has a City job like mine that writes a blog that convinced me I might just be able to do it myself on a good day (albeit at a lower level!!) and I don't have children to juggle so I flipping well ought to focus better and just pick myself up from the less good days and get back on that horse! I know who educated me about the chasm of doom and the way out ;)

In fact, I'm so pleased that I won a wine glass today I think I might just have to use it.....

That is amazing, well done!! I've never won anything in my life, so am fully on board with taking the credit for your win. Well done me! What sort of City thing do you do?

i am sorry to hear about vito, and i hope one day you can get back on board.
hopefully your new one can fill the gap. cant wait to hear your adventures!

Thanks!

kinnygirl1

Visit site
Really sorry about Vito. Sending him HHO vibes. Really looking forward to seeing the new guy and hearing about your adventures.

Suziq77

Visit site
That is amazing, well done!! I've never won anything in my life, so am fully on board with taking the credit for your win. Well done me! What sort of City thing do you do?

Erm well I used to work for a Big 4 firm and now I work for an asset manager, I mainly do tax structuring / investor tax reporting sort of stuff in between planning weekend events, pre work crack of dawn lessons and how to get the most out of my 25 days a year holiday as well as frantically monitoring the trains and / or weather on an hourly basis.

My colleagues think I am mental and their main source of amusement tends to be asking me (a) whether Hugh Grant still works for H&H [lost on me as I haven't seen Notting Hill] and (b) asking me why I don't ride my horse to work when the trains are late again [it's about 50:50 whether the train is late or whether I in fact missed the train I intended to get, and the one after that...]

Roll on retirement / a lottery win!

HotToTrot

Visit site
Really sorry about Vito. Sending him HHO vibes. Really looking forward to seeing the new guy and hearing about your adventures.

Thank you!

Erm well I used to work for a Big 4 firm and now I work for an asset manager, I mainly do tax structuring / investor tax reporting sort of stuff in between planning weekend events, pre work crack of dawn lessons and how to get the most out of my 25 days a year holiday as well as frantically monitoring the trains and / or weather on an hourly basis.

My colleagues think I am mental and their main source of amusement tends to be asking me (a) whether Hugh Grant still works for H&H [lost on me as I haven't seen Notting Hill] and (b) asking me why I don't ride my horse to work when the trains are late again [it's about 50:50 whether the train is late or whether I in fact missed the train I intended to get, and the one after that...]

Roll on retirement / a lottery win!

Bah, eeep, yikes. TAX. Terrifying!

khalswitz

Visit site
Oh no. I'm so, so sorry. I know that horrible feeling of 'will we ever do it again?' Too well.

Just have a good cry.

You never know, he may come back, and if he does you'll have TWO to be excited about. Then it will be juggling two horses and two kids - imagine the excitement! ;)

All the vibes for his recovery, and to the new one for settling in.

HotToTrot

Visit site
Oh no. I'm so, so sorry. I know that horrible feeling of 'will we ever do it again?' Too well.

Just have a good cry.

You never know, he may come back, and if he does you'll have TWO to be excited about. Then it will be juggling two horses and two kids - imagine the excitement! ;)

All the vibes for his recovery, and to the new one for settling in.

It's so horrible, isn't it. They say he'll come back and we're doing all we can for him....

khalswitz

Visit site
It's so horrible, isn't it. They say he'll come back and we're doing all we can for him....

Well then - that's about as good as it can be then. Try and keep your chin up - but don't begrudge yourself a good cry, even if it's just mourning this season in the long run.

Can't wait to see reports from the new orange one :)