EVIL YO!

Boodle

Visit site
I've had ENOUGH. ENOUGH!

I cannot stand this ANYMORE. She's gone TOO FAR this time.

Well, my YO is a b*tch. Always has been. She likes to be awkward.

She has 4 cats, 2 dogs, a horse and a rabbit - all of which we look after (feed + walk dogs feed cats, feed horse (Blue), groom horse, pick feet out, muck out, bring in, turn out etc etC) . Apart from the rabbit - who she doesent look after, just throws in some food and water every other day.

ANyway, to the point.

My first pony, who i've now had for 7 years, Trixie is 32yrs old. She is fully retired.
YO thinks, just because we keep our opnies on her yard, and despite the fact she doesent look at her own retired horse who she's had for donkeys years, she can shove her brat of a 3yr old on Trixie, in the field (not grooming, just carry tack down, plonk it on her back and drag Trix around with bratty princess aboard).

This makes me SO angry. She does NOT have permission to do this.

A month or so ago, I took Trix, Boo and Joey (ours) away from the yard onto rented grazing as they are laminitics, leaving Shadow, our 27yr old 13.2hh (retired) and YO's Blue.

Today, I moved Joey, Boo and Trixie onto a friends patch of grazing, beside the yard but NOT on it.

I go into feed dogs/cats etc and as soon as I go on the yard, said 3 yr old brat attacks.

"WHERE'S TRIXIE? WHY DID YOU TAKE TRIXIE AWAY FORM ME? WHAT ARE OY DOING WITH TRIXIE?"

Now, this chld is 3, and is tlaking to me like i'm her maid. I pretend I don't hear her and simply say
"Hello *insert bratty stupid childsname here*"

I go into stable block, after feeding her horse, and her cats and dogs and come back out to find YO standing, looking distastefully at my own Collie, Doodle dog!

Anyway... the conversation went ALITTLE like this.

Me: Hey
Her: Where's Trixie?
Me: Oh she's in the field over there *pointS*
Her: Oh, because I saw her in the other field, near your house. You know there's nthing for her to eat in there - she must be starving.
Me: Oh she's a native - she live son nothing! Don't want her getting laminitis now!
Her: When is she coming back here?
Me: Not for a wee while, until the grass has gone down abit.
Her *fumes*: Well, YOU KNOW, *brat child* wants to ride. I don't think it's very fair you take Trixie away from here when *brat child* wants to ride her.
Me *stares blankly*
Her: Why was she blindfolded?
Me: Urrr... oh she had a fly mask on as her eyes get swollen.
Her: Looks cruel to me.
Me: Nope - it's fine. Keeps her eyes covered.
Her: *Looks down her nose*
Me: Well I better go, got to fill the ponies water up
Her: Yes, well i think I will take *brat child* out on her - WHILE I HAVE THE CHANCE. Before you take her away from us again.
Me: *looks gobsmacked*
Her: Come on *brat child* - we'll need to be quick...
Me: *stares*

Brat child: Don't you EVER Take Trixie away from me again! *points*

Me:
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

SO! WHO THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE!?
We pay £25 a week for grass GRAZING. ONLY! No facilities, no nothing! It's crappy grazing too!
We look after her old horse for FREE, we worm him, and buy the wormer, we look after her cats and dogs. We do EVERYTHING for that woman and she treats me like that?

Brat child too - She spoke to ME like that! She's a clone of her B*tch queen from hell mother.

And I can't evern say

*long list of full blown obscenities here*

to YO - because if we don't have the yard in the winter we can't have the ponies!

I swear, if that woman EVER speaks to me like that EVER again, I will not be responsible for my actions with a pitch fork.

*explodeS*

Puppy

Visit site
Erm, sorry, but did you not say "that is my pony and you do not have permission to handle her, let alone ride her"???

Boodle

Visit site
Puppy - You owuld not believe how much I long to say that. But I simply can't! She'll throw us off the yard. I try so hard to stay on her goodside... we NEED this grazing or we have to say bye to our ponies. And no one wants a 32yr old exmoor with kidney problems, a 3yr old laminitic, locking stifle, sweet itch prone orange shettie or a 27yr old arthritic, grumpy temperamental 13.2hh!

Mairi.... Don't tempt me. Please!

If she does ever speak to me like that again then I will snap... and god know where we'll be.

Boodle

Visit site
Add onto the fatc, if we left her cats and dogs and Blue, her horse.... I dread to think what would happen to them

Boodle

Visit site
Tempting Dougie.

Especially since brat child had a stupid white silky, snow white dress and a tiara on when she was screaming at me.

Tempt tempt.

Puppy

Visit site
I'm sorry, but I have little sympathy for your rant if you aren't telling this woman outright that you do not want her to be using your elderly and supposedly retired pony.

And the longer that you care for her animals, at your own expense, then the more she will expect it.

Instead of walking her dogs etc why not spend the time more constructively, like looking for more grazing!! I would never allow someone else to handle my horses like that - makes my blood boil at the thought.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
OMG!!!

I would have moved yards a long time ago!

Is there any way you can move yards asap and not go back? If not then you need to bite the bullet and telll her Trixie is retired and so can't be ridden - I'd probably invent some sort of injury that means she can't even go near her!

legend

Visit site
Can you take the tack home 'to clean'? And padlock the field (assuming her horse isn't in there), because you 'are worried about security'?

sugarnspice

Visit site
shocked.gif

'Yes, well i think I will take *brat child* out on her'
You must have the patience of a saint to have not done/said something at that point! Could you not just feed her up with oats and watch the brat dissapear off into the distance?!
Did she take her out in the end?

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
For the amount of livery you're paying I would be looking into renting some land. Even if you can only get a couple of acres for now, at least they would be out of her way and you can then look at another yard.

What are you getting for your money? Is that price per pony?

not_with_it

Visit site
I have to agree with puppy. No offence but I really cant see why you are still there
confused.gif
If it really is that bad then go, there is nothing stopping you. There are loads of places out there that arent like that. It sounds to me like you are making excuses, they are your horses and you should put them first.

Boodle

Visit site
Actually kind of offended that you'd think we've not tried to get away?

We have asked local land owners, we've pleaded with farmers, we've asked the closest YO (7 miles away - being 15, I cant drive so would have to cycle) but even she doesent have space.

Having heard what she's like could any of you really leave a horse youve looked after for 9 years with her? I know I couldn't live with myself if I did.

I depsise her using Trixie, but Trix is't suffering, and it's me that hates it. Trixie puts up with it - However if we left Blue with her, im in no doubt (he's 36) that he would not be brought in in winter, he would not be fed, he would not be wormed and shed probably forget to call the farrier.

fizz-tally

Visit site
said it before i thinnk on ew but i would find somewhere else no matter what the call sspca to say that she will not feed/look after other animals,end of the day your pony,up to you what happens with her,not them,they are taking the piss cos your letting them!!

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
gosh, what a difficult situation. I think a white lie (HighlandGirl) from the farrier is a good idea !! I do think your paying way too much for what your getting, and it does sound like she is taking advantage. I think get a vet out or something, get a note saying from them that this pony is retired and should not be ridden - she will have to listen after that. Have you tried talking to her alone, and saying that your not happy? Or will this be risky?

hellyt1

Visit site
you poor thing, what a horrible situation to be in. Someone has mentioned about renting land, is this at all possible? Then at least you'd have contol over what is going on. I may have misunderstood but it seems that they haven't been on her land recently anyway, could you sweet talk the owner of that land to let you stay. A temporary field shelter can be made cosy in the winter and as long as they have food and rugs they should be fine living out? Is there a pressing need for the yard in the winter? I sounds like you've tried most avenues but where there is a will there is a way, and horrible tho it is, Blue is not your responsibilty and you are making the situation worse by pandering to her.
frown.gif
Sorry i can't offer a more positve solution.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
oh and yes taking tack away is always a good plan - I had to do this with a horse of mine, because people were riding her when I didn't want them to. Then again it always is another risk as they might try and find other tack that would not fit her and force it on her or ride her bare back????

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
yeh thats a good point. Is it not possible to have another hunt around - I know you have looked but is there any way you can go further afield or is that impossible?

Rachel_M

Visit site
I have to agree with the posts about telling her no.

You have to decide whether you are okay with it or not and if you aren't you will have to stick to your guns.

Its not your burden to worry about her horses, I know you care for them as many would, but you can't let that hold you back. Good luck.

Boodle

Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone.

The thing is - we are only allowed to use htis rented ladn in summer, as the horses churn up the land in the Scottish winter.

The only reason Shadow is at the yard is to keep Blue company during summer.
As we have just about enough of rented ladn in the summer months to keep us going.

In the winter, all this grazing is taken away, and the only place we have is the yard.

Taking tack away is a big nono as she has her own small bridle, and would jusat go bareback with Trix.

The only hope I have of getting away from the yard, is a friend of mine getting her own pony, and wanting company for him/her. She maybe getting her own this winter.

Then we could send Trixie over there and keep her away.

That's really all we can hope for. As her Dad owns the local estate, but it is all on long term elase to local farmers.

Thank you for all the input guys.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
There must be other yards around besides the one you're at. Failing that I honestly can't believe you can't find a field or two to rent - for the amount of money you're already paying in livery you should easily be able to afford something.

The majority of yards would take on a couple of grass liveries. That's usually a fairly cheap livery, in fact it would most likely cost you less that you're paying already.

You said earlier that you were only 15 - have you discussed your worries with your parents?

allijudd

Visit site
where are you in ayrshire...my aunt lives somewhere up near there ...can ask her if she knows of a kind farmer whose looking to rent out some grazing....