EVIL YO!

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I live in Leicestershire and don't drive and cannot find land to rent in my local (walking or cycling distance) area. So I can understand where she's coming from. And my dad's a farmer. Many farmers won't have horses on their land.

Boodle, could you not ask the farmer who rents you his bit if you could use it over the winter so long as you paid for any damage? or if he had anywhere else? Ask your parents if then you could get a small field shelter (and ask farmer too) as you could gate this off in winter to provide stabling if need be, and if there wasnt much grass just feed plenty of hay. TBH in winter all you really need is a space big enough to give the ponies exercise. If you can do this then call up the SSPCA after you've left the yard to ensure this lady looks after her horse.
Other than that get your farrier to say that the ponies can't be ridden, and perhaps look on small ads and point out ponies for sale for this lady to look at for her grandchild. (Please don't call her a brat...she's only three, she doesnt understand and it's not her fault!). If grandaughter doesnt have anything of yours to ride she may well buy her something (God, she sounds rich enough), and all will be okay. Just keep looking for other yards or land!!! good luck and keep us posted.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
OMG!!! Please try to leave for your own sanity! You've definitely got to set some limits; this horrible woman (whom you're paying loooooooads too much) is acting like she owns your horse... and don't even get me started on horrible brat and corporal punishment!!
mad.gif

Puppy

Visit site
PMSL @ PF!!
grin.gif

Though in all seriousness, echo what she says. This woman is taking your money for livery, you are taking care of her animals and she is walking all over you!! HELLO!! WAKE UP CALL!!

Best of luck in finding something better. xx

OWLIE185

Visit site
I would just tell her that the vet checked your horse out out and found a heart murmour and that he has stated that she must not be ridden anymore as it would be dangerous for the rider.