Ex has stolen my horse

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
There’s every chance that you couldn’t cut the chain or padlock anyway. A few people have said cut the padlock off like it’s easy .....they are used for a reason ! There will be much easier ways of getting the horse out. Has the OP disappeared anyway ?

Bolt croppers, Bonny. They are the reason that padlocks on gates and vans are set inside steel cases so you can insert a key but not get at them with a pair of bolt croppers.

Bob notacob

Visit site
Bolt croppers, Bonny. They are the reason that padlocks on gates and vans are set inside steel cases so you can insert a key but not get at them with a pair of bolt croppers.

Even better is the battery powered disc cutter ,which can deal everso effectively with both the lock and any casing .Wear your ppe .

MagicMelon

Visit site
I'd demand that you get access to the horse tomorrow (ie. no padlock on the gate so you can collect it) otherwise you'll be reporting him to the police for theft. That might scare him? If you go tomorrow and still padlocked, I'd cut the padlock and take it. Its your horse and you have concerns for its welfare. If you cant cut the padlock, you say its in with another horse so find out who owns it (or the land if rented) and demand access from them?