Ex racehorses

KBRITT10

Visit site
I have an ex-racehorse that is absolutely fab and was raced on the flat and over hurdles. I have to say that in terms of temperament i would recommend them to anyone that is experienced with horses and competent in the saddle. However i would also recommend that you check your bank balance as although they may be cheap to buy they are prone to feet trouble and and back problems and those who have raced over jumps are at risk of kissing spines due to the high speed hyper-extension of their spinal columns on landing (just make sure you check this out before the purchase as prognosis is variable). Unfortunately i have just found out that my boy probably has this and am obviously gutted but he is insured (definately necessary with these guys!!!!!) and i will be doing everything i possibly can to get him sorted. I don't want to put people off because he is such a special boy and everything you put into them you get back tenfold!! I wouldn't change him for the world x

Scarlett

Visit site
another Exracer success story here... we have one and am hoping to get another from the same trainer when she finishes racing in a while......

We bought Darcy in Jan of this year as a 4yo for £1700 and he is simply fantastic... nothing phases him, he is 100% in everyway, although it did take a few weeks to get him hacking out alone... he didnt race at 2, only as a 3 yo and has no medical issues at all... he is the most intelligent horse I have had the pleasure of sitting on... he is also laid back enough to teach people on and is currently helping me teach my OH to ride....

We had planned to take it easy over the winter while bringing him on however he learns so quickly that we are well ahead of schedule. We have done an xc ride, he's popping round a course of jumps and works round of his own accord...

they do need to be worked regularly and they need routine but they make up for it in other ways!

I also had the chance to take mine up the gallops a few weeks ago - bloomin hell! it was fantastic......