Excellent Eden Valley!! Finally conquered our demons!

Javabb94

Visit site
Many of you know about Java's elimination at the first fence at Eden in 2012 and this is our first season since.

So far I have done Northallerton, Warwick Hall and Hutton this year and we have yet to go clear XC and it's so frustrating. Northallerton we had to walk past fence 4 due to dogs in wood, Warwick I slid past a fence and Hutton he said no to the water for 2 refusals. It's little things but it's so frustrating. I will never give up with him though as it's experience he needs and Northallerton and Warwick was not his faults.

So onto Eden this weekend. He lives here and generally that is a big disadvantage. His nice and quiet XC field is now full of lorries, tents, people and horses! Very exciting to the nosiest horse to ever walk the planet!

He was a bit unsettled Saturday as he could here the tannoy from his field and I think he knew what was coming, and tacking up Sunday he was quite fidgety. He was rather fresh in his dressage to score a mildly disappointing 39. Still, dressage isn't our strong point, but when I've been working so hard it's annoying all the same!

Back to stable to get ready for SJ. Again his normal schooling arena is now full of brightly coloured fences and signs! Turning him rather spooky, however he jumped clear very well, even if he did tank at the last back towards the collecting ring! Naughty boy!

This is Java saying 80 is far too small! He jumps discovery so a bit on the small side!

Next the dreaded XC. The course was fantastic with a few areas where accuracy was tested, such as the bank to log, the double at 14 and the right handed turn out the water to 16.

He began his usual antics of I don't want to leave the collecting ring. Something he only does at home and it had me worried as this is what he did last time. Got a lead in and rode for my life out of the box and he actually went at a rate of knots over the first! I was shocked how quick he seemed to be going for a horse who is normally so sticky over the first few, but he settled into a rhythm and bounded round, taking on everything. Flew the ditch in the woods and back down over the hanging log. Was worried about the water as had 2 stops at Hutton but jumped the log in the way in and cantered through and jumped the log on the way out. Coming to the last I was praying I didn't muck it up (skinny house) but he flew home!

I started crying over the finish Line my hard work has finally paid off amd I was so so proud of him! People must have thought I was very odd, but I didn't care as he did so well.

So a fabulous Double clear in the time to finish 14th on 39. Super happy with him. I'm moving up to 90 now as he needs something to think about and I think at 80 he can take the p a little with the simple jumps so heading to drumclog. We were 23 seconds inside the time when the majority had time faults so obviously fit enough! That was with holding him back over the latter half and not pushing him, I let him travel at his natural speed. Not bad for my little 15.2hh pocket rocket!

Over the line!!!

I also was one of the secretaries on Saturday which was brilliant and the after I had finished I went back to help Sunday afternoon, thoroughly enjoy doing this, and the weather was in side for the whole weekend! Also met some HHO'ers which was nice!

Roll on drumclog!

claracanter

Visit site
Super well done. Just shows all the hard work can pay off.I have one who has yet to go clear XC so I know how fffffrrrrrrrustrating it is! I totally understand the tears. Good luck for your next one

Lolo

Visit site
Ahh! SO SO pleased for you, massive well done! You've worked so hard with him and I really hope this marks the start of it properly paying off :)

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Brilliant, well done. It's so frustrating when you know you're both capable but somehow don't seem to get all 3 phrases right on the same day. Onwards and upwards to your next event :biggrin3:

Javabb94

Visit site
Thankyou everyone I'm still on cloud nine!!!

I have bitten the bullet and entered Burgham 90!!!! We aren't going for time just an educational round, I know there will he things he hasn't seen before and if he has a green error then so be it, but we have to start somewhere!!!