Excessive drooling in dog

fankino04

Visit site
Anyone got any ideas on this.... Client messaged to check how their dog had been on her lunchtime walk as she is apparently drooling and licking her lips now and looking very sad. She was fine on her walk but was sniffing and dawdling more than usual although sometimes she does this more than others. Still bright and perky when I dropped her off and went straight to her bowl for kibble. She has eaten her tea and they have called the vet who has said to keep an eye on her but don't feel they need to see her at this stage. Odd bit is the salivating seems to only be from one side of her mouth, owners can't find anything stick there??

Sandstone1

Visit site
Bad or broken tooth? Something stuck in roof of mouth? They can get sticks etc jammed across roof of mouth. Ate something she should not have. Could be anything.

fankino04

Visit site
Yeah it was the toxin worry that made say they should call the vet, 98% certain she hasn't eaten anything other than chewing on grass which she is terrible for doing so could have been something on it

StableMum

Visit site
My dog did this one evening, drool was literally dripping like a tap from one side of his mouth. We couldn't find any reason for it and by the next morning it had stopped and never happened again.

fankino04

Visit site
My dog did this one evening, drool was literally dripping like a tap from one side of his mouth. We couldn't find any reason for it and by the next morning it had stopped and never happened again.
Fingers crossed that's the case here, she's such a fun happy girl but they said she's really sad and growly tonight. I'm hoping that her appetite means it's not anything she has invested, maybe they just haven't found something in her mouth.

fankino04

Visit site
No swelling, I just messaged for an update and they said that after I got them to look in her mouth for any bits of stick or anything and they didn't find anything, they brushed her teeth to see if that helped and she's been asleep ever since.