Excuse my rudeness

nrob1982

Visit site
Pete's "hello" message made me realise how rude it was of me to start posting without introducing myself. So here goes.

My name's Neil, I'm a journalist, I live in Kent and my wife and I have four horses, three dogs and three cats.

Horses are:
Rocco...16.3 ISH
Woody 17 Dutch Warmblood
Edward 14.3 Irish Cob
and Bridie 16.1 ISH (on loan to a pal)

Rocco and I hunter trial and do a bit of eventing when work allows.

Woody is grade B showjumper who's only been with us a few months. So far we've discovered he doesn't like hacking, hay bales, sheep or grooming. And he's not that keen on walk, trot or gallop.
Doesn't mind the occasional canter. But only if the weather's nice.

allijudd

Visit site
hello....

alli and chris here with 2 horse, one dog, a chinchilla, no kids but have parents instead!

welcome....

(what sort of journalist are you...not being too nosy at all!

Ash the arab

Visit site
Hi Neil! And welcome!

Woody sounds like a real character! Can't wait to hear what else you discover he doesn't like!!
tongue.gif

ruscara

Visit site
Hello! Don't worry too much - I never did an introduction at all!
Woody sounds like a bit of a challenge, then!
grin.gif
I expect he likes erm, eating?

BethandHenry

Visit site
I'm Beth, I live in East Sussex and my horse Henry is 15hh and 9 years old. He doesn't like cows, sheep, being groomed, having the saddle put on and he hates it when I stretch his legs!
smile.gif

katelarge

Visit site
Hello! I am a journalist too! I am freelance and work from home. Usually write media stuff but wrote my first piece for a horsey mag recently (of which more later no doubt!) Enjoy it on here, I have been on several forums over the years and this is by far the best and most useful. BTW your neds sound fab! I have a 16.1hh Appaloosa gelding who is something of a comedian.

His hobbies are horsefood in all forms, grazing, grooming his friends, sleeping, pretending to be scared of things. His pet hates are work in all forms, anything white, (especially white birds - eek!), getting his face washed and bolshy farriers.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Hi Kermit

Welcome to the mad house he he
grin.gif

Just read in another post that your from Kent, i'm from Kent too not far from Dartford. Where abouts are you??

Claireg9

Visit site
Hi Kermit,
Im claire, i have x2 ponies both 148 Blue and Candy Blue is an ISH which i brought for jumping but were overcoming a bad past for her and extreme excitment, and Candy 3/4 NF x 1/4 TB which is really my sisters which we've had for 15 years.. she got loss of use 9 years ago due to an accident in a lorry and is now more of a pet.
I have one dog called sapphie she is a black Labrador and one tropical fish called spot, used to have loads but not topping up after deaths anymore as sick to death with cleaning the blummin tank!
I also have a boyfriend called Chris who hates horses! (Other than that we have... erm..... absolutley nothing in common Doh!) lol
laugh.gif

Hope you enjoy the forum x

nrob1982

Visit site
I live between Tenterden and Rye..in the middle of nowhere, really. Close enough to camber sands to take the horses to the beach when it's not full of holidaymakers messing up the gallops.

I'm a journalist for the Daily Mirror. I'm not a reporter, but I rewrite their stories so they (almost) make sense. The plus points are I don't start work until 3pm so I can ride every day. Minus side is I work two out of three sundays, so miss out on lots of shows.

Woody is indeed a character, although a slighter stronger phrase springs to mind on occasion. Biggest problem is he came from a proper showjumping yard and was ridden by a pro before I bought him. He's convinced I'm an idiot. Sadly, he may be right.

riotgirl

Visit site
Hello Neil. I own a Welsh Section D who is 9, and an Anglo Arab who is 33. Also have a Jack Russell and on the look out for another dog.

katelarge

Visit site
Ah, so are you a sub? I do some of that. What joy! Do you too cringe at the following: "expresso", "potatoe" "who to" instead of "to whom". And as for apostrophes!!!!

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
Hi Neil! Nice to meet you
grin.gif

Woody sounds interesting - I don't have a horse at the moment but came on here five years ago when I had one and I have been unable to find the way out!

Look forward to hearing from you!

KJJ

Visit site
Urgh it's just PURE RUDERY!!!
c003.gif

(My favourite 'made up' word - you've given me an excuse to use it!!)
a115.gif

Welcome to the forum...
c033.gif

I'm KJJ, and I have a smexy horse called Jaguar
c013.gif

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Hi, Nice to meet you.

My name is Tori. I'm a Speech Therapist, I live in Essex with my horse Finn, Dog Baggie, Cat Sebastian and BF Nav.

I lived in Kent until last November - near Tunbridge Wells.

Welcome!

Theresa_F

Visit site
Hi and welcome to the most addictive forum.

I am Theresa live in London and have two hairy horses - a clydie who is 20 and a gypsy cob who is 2.

Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Hi Neil...welcome to the forum...Im Becky, live with my OH in Harrietsham, Kent and have 2 gorg cocker spaniels, Monty and Maisy and 3 horses (although ones out on loan as companion). Star is 16.1 ISH, in my signature and we do a bit of everything but mainly SJ. Shes a complete monkey and has a fab personality, Ari is 16.1 DWxTB and we're currently in process of schooling her and trying to sell her...not enough time or money sadly to keep both going
frown.gif
shes lovely tho
smile.gif