Exercise sheets - sizing and recommendations!

dollymix

Visit site
Hi all, This is also in NL, but you lot seem a lot better at responding! ;)

Despite having owned horses for many years, I have never bought an exercise sheet! My latest girl however, is a bit soft (or maybe I'm getting softer?!) so I thought I might treat her to one before another winter sets in!

I want to use it for hacking and schooling so it must be lightweight and waterproof! Ideally, I'd prefer it to be fleece lined and with some sort of reflective piping for roadwork. She is spooky though so I don't want something so lightweight that it will flap around everywhere...I followed a horse down the road at the weekend and it was like it had a balloon over it's back because the sheet was flapping so much and filling with air!!

So, re sizing, I have no idea!! She is a 17hh ID and wears a 6'9 rug....any suggestions on sizing, and recommedations of makes would be great! Thanks :)

Last edited:

milo'n'molly

Visit site
Mine is 17hh and in 6ft 9 rugs. Her exercise sheets are all 5ft but there is a significant difference in how well they fit. She has a cooltex one that's really big on her and she has a mark Todd one that whilst is long enough, the cut out is tight to fit the dressage saddle but ok with jump saddle

Brecon

New User
Visit site
Have the mark todd one and love it, fleece lined with reflective piping. Stays still and in place really well on a very spooky horse! no idea about sizing though sorry.

Vetwrap

Visit site
Another vote for Mark Todd. High viz, reflective, waterproof, fleece lined, wraparound and it never moves of lifts, even in strong wind. My boy takes 6'9" rugs and I have a 5' exercise sheet on him. He is ISH.
Hope this helps.

PorkChop

Visit site
Another with the Mark Todd, I can highly recommend, it fits really well, stays where you put it and is easy to put on and take off.

I have a 5' one and it fits my 17.1hh WB and my 16hh Arabx, they take 7' and 6'9" rugs.