Exercise sheets!

Clofox

Visit site
I have a pony on loan she is a welsh mountain pony and 14.2 and I love her so much! Anyway I do alot of hacking and schooling work with her but there is only an outdoor school so weather can be a problem, I have herd about these exercise sheet but not to sure about them, could someone please explain them to me and wether or not it's is worth it? As far as I'm aware she dosent get clipped at all but I haven't been with her that long so I'm not a 100% sure! I'm aware this has most probally been posted before, but I'm new to all this and not sure how it all works! Any help would be appreciated
Many thanks :D

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
I use a waterproof reflective one for hacking when its raining or cold, and in the school i've got a fleece one for winter :) They come in really handy!
x

Clofox

Visit site
Thank you so much!!! :) does it matter with the fleece that the fact she hasn't been clipped? And with the waterproof one I've herd it's only if they sweat a lot when riding well she does where the girth is but not In general?! She's very lazy :D x

PickledOnions

Visit site
My boy doesn't have his back end/bum clipped out but in winter I always ride him in a fleece exercise sheet or if it's raining a water proof one and he never sweats at all, no matter how hard I work the thing ;)

Clofox

Visit site
Ok thank you! Might get a water proof one to start off with even thought it's summer, last couple of times I've rode her it's rained and then will invest in a fleece one near winter as summer is on it's way! ,but we still have those showers! Is there any waterproof ones anyone could recommend at a reasonable price please!?

caterpillar

Visit site
You will find that most waterproof sheets are lined and will be very hot for use in the summer, even if it is raining.

xloopylozzax

Visit site
she really wont need one.

if she was a racehorse, doing lots and lots of roadwork in walk over winter (therefore thin-skinned horse, cold weather, not working enough to keep warm) then yes. or if she was clipped and hacking out in really crappy weather getting soaked through, or you wanted a flourescent/reflective one for the hi-viz benefits it would be a good idea. but not for general schooling

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
This mesh exercise sheet is one of the best things that I have ever bought. :)

Made from a light-weight mesh which can be used in the summer without making the horse sweat up, or used in winter by hardy horses/ponies who do not require waterproof protection.
Machine washable.
Complete with fillet string.

std%20mesh%20qtr%20sheet%20yellow%2017.8.07.jpg

http://www.v-bandz.co.uk/EQUESTRIAN...afety/Mesh-Quarter-Sheet-with-Tail-Piece.aspx

Clofox

Visit site
Thank you very much everyone 4 all the replies, I'm not sure what to do now! I hack out and ride in a lot of crappy weather! She is welsh mountain pony (so quite sturdy!) bless her, how about a v thin waterproof one?! So we can be seen and my baby won't get wet but she won't get to hot ether?x and them maybe a fleece for hacking in winter?

Last edited:

xloopylozzax

Visit site
i have the equisafety one, 360 visibility, can put flashing lights on it aswell (i have red at the back) :)
DSC00135-1.jpg

another welshy as you can see, it was blummin cold that morning and he only walks so doesnt keep warm!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
My horse is very fine skinned and she is fine in the mesh sheet from spring, through the summer and into the autumn. I have a wrap around fleece (Horseware newmarket) that she wears in the winter. I have been rained on a few times in the fleece one and she has been dry underneath it.

images

So if possible get both? I got the fleece 2nd hand on ebay (about £7) but it looked new. I got the mesh one from the V-bandz stand at a show, it was on special offer. There are some good bargains if you keep your eye out. :)

Clofox

Visit site
Wow! Thanks for all the replies! Ok, I think I'm Gunna go with a mesh waterproof one for anytime it rains and then a fleece one for the chilly winter! :D

Clofox

Visit site
Ahh it's ok,which ones would u recommend to buy? I don't go on roads so hi-vi's doesn't bother me but will be riding in all weathers in school and woods and she won't be clipped at all x

PingPongPony

Visit site
as far as im aware yes, so fleece for winter sorted! and for this weather and rainy weather what would u reccomend? x

i don't think she'd need one for this sort of rainy weather. i have an ISH and we work in the school bareback in the rain and she doesn't need anything on. I have a fleece one and waterproof one for autumn/winter but not now, its too warm. :)