Exercise sheets

Moomin1

Visit site
Boring thread but looking for recommendations for a fleece exercise sheet. I'm currently on maternity leave so can't afford anything expensive - price range of up to around £30. I've seen some cheap as chips ones online in the region of £14 but dubious as to quality and how effective they actually are.

Any suggestions? 😊

zola89

Visit site
I got one from Swish Rugs. Its waterproof with fleece inside. It was about £20 and have been really pleased with it.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Equi-theme maybe?

I ended up buying a second hand Horseware wraparound newmarket fleece one when I was looking, but I was tempted by the ET.

Fiona

Visit site
Ruggles have nice looking fleece exercise sheets, both normal and wrap around. £17 I think or £29 for waterproof/fleece lined.

Fiona

Last edited:

Leo Walker

Visit site
I've got a Swish one. Its nice and thick, fleece lined and waterproof. I've got one of the equitheme ones as well. Thats thinner fleece but still reasonable quality. I've got a fake thermatex one as well. I think its Weatherbeeta, thats really thick but its never really been used as its too thick and not waterproof so tends to be no use any time!

AFB

Visit site
I just sold an Equitheme one as it wasn't the right size but I was happy enough with the quality - not overly thick so depends how much warmth you do need

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I have just bought a waterproof hi viz fleece lined over the saddle type exercise sheet by Rhinegold and its brilliant, it was about £25

Kat

Visit site
I have three Swish waterproof one and it is lovely. Probably warmer than my amigo one and a more generous cut. If you want a fleece one I know people who have had the Newmarket stripe ones from equitheme and hkm and they were fine.

Moomin1

Visit site
Ooh I've seen a Thermocell Swish one reduced but still slightly over budget. Argh what to do? Two glasses of red wine, both kids in bed (finally) after a verrry long day....Do I click the buy button? ��

Leo Walker

Visit site
Ooh I've seen a Thermocell Swish one reduced but still slightly over budget. Argh what to do? Two glasses of red wine, both kids in bed (finally) after a verrry long day....Do I click the buy button? ��

Nope. Its a fake thermatex type isnt it? Next to useless for anything!

Moomin1

Visit site
Nope. Its a fake thermatex type isnt it? Next to useless for anything!

Im not worried if its fake to be honest, I just want a cheapish one that does the job pf keeping her warm for the first 15 mins of schooling really. Im not looking for a thermatex one specifically ��.

ihatework

Visit site
I’ve just ordered a Horze wool quarter sheet, mainly because it was the only cheap one I could find in XL. I can let you know what it’s like when it arrives

I’ve got a beautiful embroidered thermatex one, unfortunately it’s like a mini skirt on this horse!

9tails

Visit site

My Swish rug is nice, so if you want that sort I'd say buy.

Moomin1

Visit site
I’ve just ordered a Horze wool quarter sheet, mainly because it was the only cheap one I could find in XL. I can let you know what it’s like when it arrives

I’ve got a beautiful embroidered thermatex one, unfortunately it’s like a mini skirt on this horse!

This is my worry. My mare is a large build.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Im not worried if its fake to be honest, I just want a cheapish one that does the job pf keeping her warm for the first 15 mins of schooling really. Im not looking for a thermatex one specifically ��.

No, I meant that was the sort it was. I've got one. Its too heavy to be much use as everything I've ever tried it on gets too hot in it, but its not waterproof either, so on the days when it could be useful its no good either.