Exersice ideas please.

mandy4727

Visit site
A few years ago I had a heart attack and a brain injury so cos of that I struggle amongst other things to plan things and work things out etc. I would if people could give me ideas for plans on what to do with my Section D mare please.

Ideas along
Mon - lunge
Tue - day off
Wed - hack
Thur Pessoa

Etc

Tues needs to be a day off as we dog sit and I don't have time then. And we cant free school in our menage so that is out of the question.

If people could throw a few suggestions what they do with their horses and I can use some of those ideas as suggestions too.

work with poles and things along those lines. With it being written down for me it will be easier for me to see as that is something else I struggle with and hopefully can get myself and horse a bit fitter and so she doesn't get bored too. Thanks.

be positive

Visit site
You don't say the age of your mare or what level her schooling is at, or what you want to achieve other than to get fitter so I will throw a few ideas to get started.

Mon - lunge if you feel it serves a purpose otherwise ride her , I would probably do some poles that day as well, either while lunging or afterwards in hand.
Tues- day off
Wed - hack
Thurs- school
Fri- lunge or ground work using poles
Sat - longer hack
Sun- schooling session again play with some poles in all paces.

That gives you 2 hacks, one of which should be longer if you have time.
2 lunge or groundwork sessions, if you had time to hack instead of 1 that may be more beneficial and certainly once the days are longer weather is better I would cut back the lunging and get out hacking.
2 schooling sessions, have a few aims/ goals and work towards them.

Be flexible, if you miss a day or two due to bad weather it doesn't matter, find a good instructor to help you progress and above all enjoy your horse.