Exmoor pony dies after fireworks set off on conservation grazing site.

cauda equina

Visit site
This was a debate on restricting the sale and use of fireworks to organisers of licensed displays only on Monday

As Patricia Gibson (North Ayrshire and Arran, SNP) said
'For reasons that very few of us can understand, the Government are simply not willing to regulate the sale of fireworks, and nobody can honestly understand why'

I'll hazard a couple of guesses why - either it's the sort of wanting to be liked populism that BJ goes in for, or someone in the Govt is making money from it
https://hansard.parliament.uk/commo...1D-462E-95C1-6EAA2030A63E/FireworksSaleAndUse

scats

Visit site
I’m so sick of the attitude from people (seen a lot of Fb groups this weekend) that they are entitled to have fun and set off fireworks and animals should just get on with it as it’s only night. Trouble is, it’s not only one night and I completely disagree that another living being should be distressed, even for one night, because stupid entitled humans think that the world revolves around them and their enjoyment.

There was a big kick off here at the weekend when a local livery yard owner had her annual firework party. She’s surrounded by other small yards and videos of terrified horses were being shared on social media. One owner now has two lame horses. This livery yard owner is asked every year to reconsider, and her family give everyone abuse and tell them to jog on, basically. She also runs a kennels on site.

Smitty

Visit site
I’m so sick of the attitude from people (seen a lot of Fb groups this weekend) that they are entitled to have fun and set off fireworks and animals should just get on with it as it’s only night. Trouble is, it’s not only one night and I completely disagree that another living being should be distressed, even for one night, because stupid entitled humans think that the world revolves around them and their enjoyment.

There was a big kick off here at the weekend when a local livery yard owner had her annual firework party. She’s surrounded by other small yards and videos of terrified horses were being shared on social media. One owner now has two lame horses. This livery yard owner is asked every year to reconsider, and her family give everyone abuse and tell them to jog on, basically. She also runs a kennels on site.

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Perhaps she is under enormous pressure from her, I assume, revolting family...

Dave's Mam

Visit site
The owner picked this little lady up from the moor 20 odd years ago. She was a rare line , rare pony on a conservation site with other exmoors. Everyone knew they were there but someone didn't care and she died in panic , running into a tree. Every life lost is a tragedy. The herd has been removed for their own safety and the poor lady has lost a friend of 26 years. Whether it's ponies, dogs, rabbits or ex service personnel...why is it allowed to happen year on year? I
1f626.png

palo1

Visit site
The owner picked this little lady up from the moor 20 odd years ago. She was a rare line , rare pony on a conservation site with other exmoors. Everyone knew they were there but someone didn't care and she died in panic , running into a tree. Every life lost is a tragedy. The herd has been removed for their own safety and the poor lady has lost a friend of 26 years. Whether it's ponies, dogs, rabbits or ex service personnel...why is it allowed to happen year on year? I
1f626.png

Yes, it is particularly frustrating and distressing that such a valuable animal in breeding, conservation and health terms has been lost in such a totally unnecessary and cruel way. So sad and sorry about this.