Experience with emmett technique?

NiamhB

Visit site
Anyone any experience with the Emmett technique?
local riding club is running a short course and considering signing up, but cant seem to find too much about it online.
Anyone have any opinions about it, good or bad.
thanks !!

Welstherpist

New User
Visit site
Hello - I amy be a tad biased here, as I am an EMMETT Practitioner and Instructor. I do humans mostly, but have taken the horse course and just finishing the dog course too.
Emmett-uk.com is a newly re-launched website where you will find information on human, horse and dog courses.
You my also want to view emmett4animals.com and also the Senior UK Instructor for EMMETT4animals, Tony Sherry, own website echtherapies.co.uk.
The short introductory course gives you 4 procedures to use on the horse plus two human moves that you can use on yourself - and also to help you understand what the horse is feeling.
It is a lovely light touch therapy - I would suggest that you watch the videos on the websites as well as having a read.
Kind regards
Judith

CMcC

Visit site
I can give an unbiased opinion: I went on a demo day with Tony Sherry for treatment on horses. He asked for a human volunteer to demonstrate how the techniques worked. I volunteered as had a sore shoulder that 6 months treatment from osteopath had reduced but not cured, in less than 5 minutes the pain had completely gone. Came back after a year, but I get stressed and hold tension in my neck and shoulders. Now use Emmett regularly for both shoulder and hip pain. It has greatly improved my riding as am now able to sit straight.

Myloubylou

Visit site
I had a taster session one year at yhl mistakenly thinking was a massage & wanted a nice treat. Very odd, barely touched & even then through jumper but felt muscles jump & then relax. Felt more relaxed than I would have if was massaged. It looks similar to masterston method that I try & do on my mare & she adores. Would like to learn more but training courses have been when I can’t do them

Welstherpist

New User
Visit site
I had a taster session one year at yhl mistakenly thinking was a massage & wanted a nice treat. Very odd, barely touched & even then through jumper but felt muscles jump & then relax. Felt more relaxed than I would have if was massaged. It looks similar to masterston method that I try & do on my mare & she adores. Would like to learn more but training courses have been when I can’t do them

Keep an eye on our emmett-uk.com website for new dates for 2019 🌟🌟