Express Eventing

Horsemad12

Visit site
Anyone seen the press release on the BE website?

Not sure what I think - they have been doing something like this at grass roots level at Weston Lawns for a while?

Rosiefan

Visit site
£100k for the winner
ooo.gif
ooo.gif

seche

Visit site
How exciting!!

Certainly breaks away from the tradition of the sport but then the Cash pot is very impressive, which will encourage entrants for sure!

- I only hope it doesnt tear too many of our mega stars away from the proper eventing. - First we loose long format and now we are going even shorter!!

In its defense I think only a fair few horses will enjoy and perform well in such a huge stadium atmosphere. Though for the semi clueless general public its got to be good for the sport. - SJ has done betting so now we are out doing the SJers - I like it I think....
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

trefilan

Visit site
I think it's quite a good idea, run through the winter. It will definately help the publicity. 100,000! It's enough to draw anyone in!

I hope that this isnt twenty20 though as they put in there. That would just be eventing dummed down to ridiculous levels.

Rosanne

New User
Visit site
Thanks for the Telegraph link. Just been to the Express Eventing website and entered the competition for free VIP tickets. Fingers crossed!

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
Ok, call me thick here, but how is this different (apart from being indoors of course!) to normal BE event where everything is done in one day? I don't think, as someone has said, it's dumbing down the short format at all. For me, the only 'dumbing down' bit will be that the XC fence won't be as solid or imposing (Ok havng just typed that I've just convinced myself that it is dumbing down the short format!
blush.gif
grin.gif
)

Anyhoo, hopefully it will bring eventing to a mass audience which could encourage more people to take up the sport = more events = less/more balloting
confused.gif

Blimey I've confused myself typing this reply
tongue.gif
- it will certainly have repercussions both positively and negatively I guess

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Considering they're selling tickets on the BE site already I think the details sound a bit vague still....

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the Telegraph article about it - sounds fantastic. I'd pay £45 to see eventers doing dressage to music
grin.gif
grin.gif

Diane_Pepper

www.facebook.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What on earth?!
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sees Diane looking out music for Pepper to do dressage to!!!

(for the £100k!)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!
grin.gif
He would look like a miniature horse compared to the rest
tongue.gif
mind you, he is already.
Might get the sympathy marks
wink.gif