Exselle Saddles

Ladybird

Visit site
Hi

Sorry this isn't strictly CR but it will be used for competition purposes and you guys talk much more sense than those in NL!

I've got a (trusted) fitter coming out with an Exselle Philadelphia CC jump saddle to try on my Section D, as my 35 year old Kieffer isn't looking it's smartest these days, and as it's in need of a re-flock and new girth straps I figured I'd put that money towards something in better nick!
It's an absolute bargain and brand new, but I don't have any experience of how secure they are etc. until I can try it which may be a while with this snow, so can anybody tell me anything about them?
Specifically the Philadelphia CC jump saddle if anyone has or has ridden in one. It will be used for unaff./low level jumping (potentially up to 1m if I get brave!) and general hacking/schooling.

Chloe_GHE

Visit site
I had an Exselle 'Debut' CC jump saddle for years. It was brilliant, the points at the front on that model are very short which means that the saddle fits a large range of withers and doesn't pinch, this was ideal because after a while it became my 'chuck it on and pad it up' saddle for all 'non-permanent' horses i had.

In terms of secure, I assume you mean is it one of those saddles that has big thick knee/thigh rolls and really helps you to stay in the plate?...The Debut was not at all built up, I chose it for that reason. There probubly are more built up more rider assisting saddles out there, but speaking from experience i loved my Exselle and often wish I ahdn't sold it on, just because it was so versatile and comfy

Ladybird

Visit site
Thanks - that's really helpful.

From a security point I meant the seat more so (although I suppose this is down to individual preferences really) as I've picked the one with the knee rolls/blocks I like, and saddler has said we can get thigh blocks added if I would like once I've tried it.

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I have an Excelle Integra which I love. It has small block and a flat seat, which is what I like, but I had a conversation with some at Keysoe about them and she said hers was so slippy it felt like it was made of glass. I haven't found this with mine, I feel really secure in it, I've jumped up to 1.40 in it and felt fine.

James6

Visit site
I have an Excelle Integra which I love. It has small block and a flat seat, which is what I like, but I had a conversation with some at Keysoe about them and she said hers was so slippy it felt like it was made of glass. I haven't found this with mine, I feel really secure in it, I've jumped up to 1.40 in it and felt fine.

Ditto above. It fits my broader horse really well, never slips and I have always felt very secure. I also do dressage in it as it is more comfortable than my Ideal dressage saddle!

lex2501

Visit site
I'm in the same boat as Kirstyhen and james6 :D I also have the excelle integra single flap and I really rate it, such good value for money.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I have an Integra as it was the only saddle that fitted my horse, unfortunateately after a year of hard work it no longer fits so am having to trade it in for an Albion.

I have not jumped in it as horse bit too.old for jumping now, but hacked for miles up hill & down dale at a spanking canter & feel it would be ace to go x-country in :D I have also competed at dressage in it, it's not ideal for dressage, but not impossible.

The seat gets comfier with use ;)