Extra tall poles for electric fencing

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Okay, so LL has a bit of a pop in him
blush.gif
cool.gif

What are the tallest poles one can buy for electric fencing, and where do I get them from?

Tinkle

Visit site
I think mine are 1m 40 and I think I got them from Hyperdrug (Equine Pharmacy).

I'll check and PM you.

Mind you the old arthritic one still jumped them. Young fit one would never be that daft.

x

lucy1984

Visit site
We meet again MrsM lol

I used to have the big ones too for my tb once upon a time who had the same problem!

I think they are 5ft ones, I got mine from a local tack shop, they were £3 each. Try ebay, they might sell bundles at a discount.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Ta all
grin.gif

Looked on Ebay, but no five foot (above ground) ones.

Found some of the tall ones elsewhere, but delivery is looooong. I need to get them up quick 'cos LL is stuck in a stable until I do
frown.gif

Am trying to think of alternatives..., so far have come up with long garden canes and insulating tape!

Fizzimyst

www.catsprotection.co.uk
I'm pleased you've posted this, I need some 5ft ones too since that damn pony keeps popping out of the fencing too
shocked.gif
we have the 4ft ones already.

Only problem is, mine need to be green, part of the agreement with the neighbours and the livery yard
confused.gif

Can you let me know if you find any Mrs M
grin.gif

salee

Visit site
You can buy screw in insulators to go into wooden posts or tie on insulators to go on just about anything, that way you can buy tall skinny posts from a wood yard,

over here in France a lot of the farmers use the twisty metal rods sold to reinforce concrete with tie on insulators on, a sort of super anti rot fence!
(i have seen a 2&1/2 ft high single strand used to keep in a bull with his ladies and calves!!!!)

i have also seen a sort of sloped add on to the wooden posts, a kind of heavy duty bent 'coat hanger' whatsit which slopes up and back into the field to - i assume- prevent them leaning on it as well as making it taller?

my chunky Breton does not jump out, he just takes a running charge and puts up with temporary pain, he learned this trick after being chased to panic by the hunt dogs.
bye

Hoofprints in the Snow

Visit site
I use 6ft pencil posts 1 1/2ft into ground with insulators, that keeps my escapees in, and can be moved relatively easily. Alternatively uk country store in Scotland do tall green posts and very quick delivery.

CBAnglo

Visit site
I have actually tied two posts together with baler twine to creat 7 foot high posts. this is only good on a relatively small field but could work for you temporarily?

I then used about 5 strands of electric tape to hold it all together.

It does get a bit bendy in the wind though!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Thankies for ideas all
grin.gif

Thought of tieing my posts to friend's posts to make poles taller, but don't want to damage friend's poles
blush.gif

I'll go wooden pole and metal pole hunting and see what can be found
grin.gif

e010.gif