Eye Cancer

Theresa_F

Visit site
Poor old Cairo had cancer again, and am waiting to hear from the AHT at Newmarket as to when he can go up and hopefully have radiotherpy again to remove it. Rather upsetting as it is nearly 3 years to the day since we last found it.

Thought some of you might be interested to see what eye cancer looks like.

Cairoseye-March2007.jpg

Cairoseye-March20072.jpg

Anyway fingers crossed the old boy will be treated and we have more years of fun with him.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Poor old chap as well as having one eye removed has had this eye operated on several times - most of his third eye lid has been removed and he has a scar by the tear duct - hence we will spend anything to preserve his eye.

The lumps he now has are in the corner of his eye - and again there are scars from previous treatments.

I always now check eyes - Chancer is getting quite used to it and I use UV masks on both when the sun is out for protection.

Liss

Visit site
all the best of luck to him!!!!

i didnt even realise u could have eye cancer, so thanks for makin me aware of it!
smile.gif

hope it gets cleared up again, by the sounds of things hes a fighter anyway!
laugh.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Fingers crossed that the treatment is once again successful... Like others have said, he sounds like a fighter and you are a very good owner to have spotted it again so quickly.