Eye Help Please

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Daisy went to the vet today because her third eye lid had become swollen. Vet said he thought it was a prolapse and prescribed steroid drops for a week before reviewing.

Can anyone share similar experiences as the internet is overwhelming me a bit. The staining is from drops put in to check for an ulcer.
1085C3CD-2DA3-4C18-A593-A0A0D75F3C70.jpeg

Littlefloof

Visit site
Hamish developed a droopy third eyelid (and lost muscle tone on one side of his face) when he developed Horner's Syndrome. Symptoms improved when the vet identified that it was a result of previously undiagnosed hypothyroidism, daily tablets gave him a new lease of life. In the photo below you can just about see his facial asymmetry through the rain.
12890917_10153268985391910_4445406600463267645_o.jpg

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Read up on Horners.

The nicitating membrane can go back to normal, I’d be tempted to ask for chlorophenicol drops (chemist has them, make out you have a sticky eye!) and keep them in the fridge.

Aru

Visit site
Wait and see if treating the inflammation works before adding more drugs. Otherwise you end up not knowing what resolved the issue if it recurs.

Step by step with eyes as long as there is no damage.
Common things are common and inflammation from irritation is more common then Horner syndrome
We don't need to throw antibiotics at everything. Chloramphenicol is an antibiotic eye drop commonly used for human pink eye -a bacterial infection.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Thanks Aru. As quickly as it came up, it disappeared 🤷🏻‍♀️ will continue with the drops the vet gave me for the week with fingers crossed it was just a one off.

{97702}

Visit site
Millie lurcher had that a few months ago - quite suddenly her third eyelid was red swollen and inflamed, I was panicking like mad. She had a Bank Holiday vet visit (£180!!!) and I was given some ointment, she was completely back to normal 36 hours later....

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
If you are worried she is run down then get a blood panel done for piece of mind.
Cherry eye can present like this and in some cases it pops in and out. My friends Spaniel has it intermittently. My parents Spaniel had to have her cherry eye stitched in place to stop it popping out.
Daisy might just have a bit of irritation there that's causing it.
Hopefully all will stay well x

SaharaS

Visit site
I wish I could be more helpful, but recall an article via email covering this.it is worth looking up on Dr Karen Becker/Mercola blogs or emailing to ask if she covered it..and also Dr Peter Dobias..his team are very helpful via fb..tho they can't give personal pet specific advice unless you are a client, they will cover certain subjects, very elaborately and good to have a holistic supportive angle on the issue too.you can even tag Peter Dobias on fb on his page ..he really cares and is super approachable. I hope this hasn't added to your headache x