Eye looks odd

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
So so sorry to read the update, especially as he was doing so well. You are to be commended on giving him such a lovely passage and being there with him, like you say not many horses get that, which is so heartbreaking. I'm sure he will enjoy the grass.
The Bute will make him feel brighter alright, but at least he got some respite from the pain before he goes.

Take care of yourself too, you'll feel a bit 'empty' for want of a better word until you come to terms with things.

Great big virtual hugs. Get through the day and you'll be alright...

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Really sorry to read this. Hope today go’s peacefully.
Your absolutely doing the very best thing but it doesn’t make it easy none the less
Thinking of you

Dust Bunny

Visit site
Sorry about your loss Setterlover. Be content knowing that Bonanza had a happy life with you. I can understand your decision. Think of the good times you had together, and all the best to you and your husband.

setterlover

Visit site
Thanks everyone
We all miss him but the two that are left have finally stopped calling to him .They knew he had gone, they saw him from over the fence but still they called.
It pulls at your heart strings hearing them.
Tonight they came in from the field to the pole barn ate their tea ( a bit of carrot and apple and chaff just a handful damped ) they have settled eating the hay I put along the back shelf of the pole barn .
I'm keeping them corralled around the pole barn at night as they are safer there as they are getting a bit more spooked by noises than usual also it will help keep their weight in check now there is only two of them grazing the summer paddock.
I have fenced out part of it to reduce the size.
The end of an era for the first time in 50 years I only have 2 horses and no coloured horse I've always had one coloured in the herd.