F.E.I pony trials

morgan4eva

Visit site
im new to this forum so hey!

im been recently trying to qualify for F.E.I pony trials, but i also broke my collar bone about 3 wks ago so havent been able to continue. i was doing seniour O.D.E's and was going clear but not making the time (which dosent count as a qualification
frown.gif
)
My pony's 3/4 thoroughbred so hes capable. Its me, any suggestions on how i could help this problem?
Also, because i had the accident i can be reccomended or somthing, can anyone give me anymoreinformationon this?
xx M4E

seabiscuit

Visit site
Have you had some XC lessons with a good trainer? Are you setting up a good enough ryhytm on your XC?Moving away from the fence the very second that you land? Or is your pony very strong which might be disrupting your flow around the course?

As for getting reccomended- if you have been doing a lot of Pony Club stuff, then the DC should be able to recommend you- simply by writing you a reference which you attach with your application for pony trials.She would have to state that she thinks that you are capable of riding in pony trials

morgan4eva

Visit site
thankyou for replying. no Morgan is not strong. i think i need to push on after the jumps, as i seem to dilly dally. the thing is morgan dosent listen. he dosent pull but he dosent slow down either!!!! he dosent mean it he just thinks he knows it all!

the eventing manager at the pony club said his daughter didnt qualify but he got someone in who met him at hoods (x-c training place) and she told the F.E.I people and they accepted her!
xx M4E
p.s your avatar, is that you? if it is, they your jumping very big, do you do advanced eventing?
confused.gif

nicoleamy

Visit site
hi! if you can have a look in the BE rule book at the accredited trainers list (may be on the website too). see if you can see a listed trainer near you, and they should be able to recommend u. the XC time shouldnt be a prob as long as u r going clear. the best thing to do is book a lesson with the pony team trainer if u can. like for juniors and young riders u can have a lesson from gill watson, for ponies im not sure who it is..is jonquil hemming still doing the pony training?? im not sure. then once theyve seen u and u explain the situation you should get in ok. or just phone ginny keen the chairman of selectors and ask for some advice and explain your situation, she will be very helpful. her number will be in the rule book or on the webnsite under the pony team information. hope that helps!! GOOD LUCK!

morgan4eva

Visit site
thank u sooo much for ur help. Going to ring Ginny and ask if i can get accredited by Judie Bradwell. Have u heard of her? She got one of the pony club members accredited. You see i wanted to compete at Lincoln Pony Trials etc. Thank u so much for ur help im really grateful.xxM4E
grin.gif