Fabre and co equine

LibbyL

Visit site
Has anybody had any dealings with this website?
Ordered on black Friday so understandably they are probably busy but am still yet to receive a dispatch email.
Wouldn't usually mind but the name keeps going round my head and for some reason I feel I have heard they have a bad reputation so I am now worrying!
However might have it confused with another company!
Can anyone reassure me please?:)

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Pretty sure the founder is same person who founded Bespoke Eq, who seems to have a VERY bad rep on here. Though, I personally have never dared to deal with them!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
As it will be her usual business model she keeps no stock and has no credit at her suppliers so your money has to clear into her account before she can place the order with the supplier. Then the item has to be delivered to her before she can dispatch it to you.

I do hope you paid by secure means, not bank transfer or PayPal's friends and family option.

meardsall_millie

Visit site
I had an exchange of emails with them about an expensive pair of boots on Black Friday and over the weekend.

Something just didn't sit well with me and I had alarm bells ringing, so didn't place the order.

So glad I didn't after reading this.

*hic*

Visit site
I had an exchange of emails with them about an expensive pair of boots on Black Friday and over the weekend.

Something just didn't sit well with me and I had alarm bells ringing, so didn't place the order.

So glad I didn't after reading this.

Did you get as far as finding out what payment method is currently being used?

meardsall_millie

Visit site
No I'm afraid not, although if they had asked for an unprotected method I would have declined.

I was supposed to be corresponding with 2 different people but I was convinced it was all the same person, and when pushed on sizing and returns/refund policy they never answered the question.

The boots were already cheaper than other retailers at the supposed full price and then they were offering a further 25% discount.

It all seemed too good to be true and we know how that generally turns out!

LibbyL

Visit site
Damn it, I am such an idiot, just got sucked in by the deal and reasonably professional looking website.
Also did a quick google search and couldn't find anything and it had been recommended by horse and hound so thought it would be fine.
I got an email confirming my transaction from "payment sense" so hoping that's legit.
At the end of the day was only £30 but still very annoying, at least it wasn't hundreds.

Will hold hope. If I haven't heard anything by weekend will definitely try to cancel the order but we will see!

*hic*

Visit site
A number of people have had good service from this and associated / previous businesses so given the time delays I outlined above you may well get your goods. How did you pay?

I'm intrigued that you say it was recommended by Horse and Hound - was that on the website or the magazine?

LibbyL

Visit site
Yeah hopefully :) through the website so through the "payment sense"
Well the deal was part of their black friday bargains article and comments underneath were saying it was a good deal/company- I just took that as a recommendation but probably shouldn't have!
Will see what happens I suppose

FlyingCircus

Visit site
A number of people have had good service from this and associated / previous businesses so given the time delays I outlined above you may well get your goods. How did you pay?

I'm intrigued that you say it was recommended by Horse and Hound - was that on the website or the magazine?

It was on the website in an article about Black Friday deals. I was quite surprised they were recommended by H&H given the chatter on the forums about them!

MrsS1987

Visit site
Yeah hopefully :) through the website so through the "payment sense"
Well the deal was part of their black friday bargains article and comments underneath were saying it was a good deal/company- I just took that as a recommendation but probably shouldn't have!
Will see what happens I suppose

No info on the company but Payment Sense is legit. It's an online payment portal that a lot of companies use. Fingers crossed you get your goods!

KVH

Visit site
Interesting. Earlier in the year I was contemplating ordering from them, their communication was good but something just didn't sit right with me.
I'm fairly sceptical anyway, but so many 'something equine' or 'something equestrian' companies keep appearing daily, that I can't keep track!

I hope you receive your items promptly with no problems, OP.

LibbyL

Visit site
Resent my email questioning dispatch time and immediately got email from myhermes and fabre saying they have sent parcel so lets hope it truns up- I am definitely more positive now :)
Thank you everyone-if I do get it then it was a very good deal so I am happy with the product :)
I am definitely more wary of companies with names like "equestrian" and "equine" with poor websites so will stick with main brands from now on I think!

*hic*

Visit site
It was on the website in an article about Black Friday deals. I was quite surprised they were recommended by H&H given the chatter on the forums about them!

Just had a squizz - I've always hoped that Leigh would get her act together, she always manages to generate a lot of traffic through her shops and she could have a cracking business but she just seems to lose sight of sorting her customers out and would rather go on the offensive and attack them than sit down, get her head round where the problem is and sort it out. Perhaps she'll run this new one properly and everyone will be happy.

I don't suppose junior sub-editors are expected to do a lot of checking and it does look a very good deal.

*hic*

Visit site
Excellent news, it would make everyone's life so much easier if she'd be transparent about how long things are likely to take.

LibbyL

Visit site
Was just the initial dispatch email that worried me and then over-thinking the name. Think I might have got it confused with another dodgy company but glad I started the thread.
But now I have a bargain saddlecloth that looks and feels lovely with only a little bit of hassle! So overall happy :D

LibbyL

Visit site
Please everyone be a bit careful about this company, following an fb post on the BSJA page and it seems I was very lucky to get my order. Seems to be that it is the owner of Bespoke Equestrian who is running Faber and co so many people have been scammed. Such a shame and gutted for those who have lost their money, sometimes £££s!

*hic*

Visit site
Please everyone be a bit careful about this company, following an fb post on the BSJA page and it seems I was very lucky to get my order. Seems to be that it is the owner of Bespoke Equestrian who is running Faber and co so many people have been scammed. Such a shame and gutted for those who have lost their money, sometimes £££s!
And for those who like a bit of bling and are wowed by the schmooze, the owner of the now-defunct Bespoke Equestrian, Faber & Co, The Secret Unicorn and others is now starting up Brillare. payment method currently PayPal so you will eventually get a refund if you don't get your goods but do keep your wits about you when ordering.

FlyingCircus

Visit site
And for those who like a bit of bling and are wowed by the schmooze, the owner of the now-defunct Bespoke Equestrian, Faber & Co, The Secret Unicorn and others is now starting up Brillare. payment method currently PayPal so you will eventually get a refund if you don't get your goods but do keep your wits about you when ordering.

And they're claiming it doesn't matter what happened with their old companies, as it doesn't reflect their new company. Lol. Oh dear!