Facbook and stupid/ignorant people! apologies rant

Alchemy

Visit site
Ok i have read some really ridiculous stuff on FB but am i overreacting on this

girl advertising 2 pregnant mares for sale as she doesnt have the time they are both due to foal in 6 weeks time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad: unbelivable

sorry had to get that off my chest i cant belive how many ignorant people have horses!

Visit site
Well if she doesn't have time for 2 unridden mares then at least she is trying to find them homes before she doesnt have time for 2 unridden mares and 2 foals.

Alchemy

Visit site
Fair point i just find it astonishing people would start moving heavily pregnant mares and possibly causing them stress and anxiety so late on ?

Polar Bear9

Visit site
If she doesn't have time for 2 unridden pregnant mares maybe she should have considered not buying 2 pregnant mares/ not putting 2 mares in foal in the first place?

Spring Feather

Visit site
Fair point i just find it astonishing people would start moving heavily pregnant mares and possibly causing them stress and anxiety so late on ?

I'm not getting into the ins and outs of your FB rant however I'd just like to point out that a great many mare owners move their heavily pregnant mares at this stage to a stud farm to foal down. It really isn't unusual in the slightest to move mares at this time in their pregnancies.

Moomin1

Visit site
Maybe because she bred them 10 months ago and her situation has changed? Perhaps?

You are very right in pointing out that all may not be as straight cut. However, generally speaking, there are so many adverts on these stupid FB sites such as 'Horses for sale and swap/under £100' etc for dog end horses that are in foal, with explanations for sale "Don't have the time or money".