Facebook enforcing For Sale posts

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I have had many dogs over the years of a wide variation of breeds - but until 20 years ago all members of the family worked for at least a good part of the day and our various family Fidos apparently adapted very well to the hours we had to leave them at home unattended etc.

BUT - I was also a hugely offended by all these (mostly relatively newly arrived) dogs rescues who refuse point blank to rehome to prospective new homes that have working adults - even if it is only for a few hours a day. However, having now spent the last 20 odd years at home- retired (well sort of!) I can see how much our dogs in particular benefit and thrive from our almost constant company, at home and out and about.

I still do not see that a prospective owner needs to be at home 24/7 that is just ridiculous and rescues are losing out by insisting on this very strict criteria in some fabulous new homes IMO. However I do now see that perhaps in particular regarding rescue dogs that might still be recovering from abuse and neglect the constant presence of a new owner could be a massive benefit to them. Just trying to see both sides here :)