Facebook or Twitter?

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Neither - both created for people who have inflated egos, are unable to get real friends in real life and think that all their cyberfriends want to know what they've been eating, drinking and where they've been etc. If you want someone to know - how about phoning or e-mailing them or god forbid have a conversation face to face!
(I would put a smiley here, but have no idea how to!)

SamanthaUK

Visit site
Neither - both created for people who have inflated egos, are unable to get real friends in real life and think that all their cyberfriends want to know what they've been eating, drinking and where they've been etc. If you want someone to know - how about phoning or e-mailing them or god forbid have a conversation face to face!
(I would put a smiley here, but have no idea how to!)

Charming :')

(the faces are like : and ) put together or : and D)

Shutterbug

Visit site
I have both - I have a personal facebook and a facebook and twitter for my photography business. I dont like Twitter much, its kinda boring.

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Charming :')

(the faces are like : and ) put together or : and D)

What...like this? :)

No - the real reason I don't like Faceache is because I've seen a couple of friends hurt by comments for them on there, yet the people would never say these things directly to them themselves.....it's just not for me really.

trakehnersrock!

Visit site
I don't do Twitter, but I must say Facebook was a lifeline for me last winter for 6 months and especially over Christmas, as I could chat on it to my son out in Afghanistan. Even if he couldn't always chat, I could see by the statuses he posted that at x moment on x day that he was alive and well.
On a more daily basis it's a useful (and cheap) way to keep in touch with friends and family as I live abroad.
People who use it no more need to get a life than people who go on forums (or should that be fora lol?)

SamanthaUK

Visit site

No - the real reason I don't like Faceache is because I've seen a couple of friends hurt by comments for them on there, yet the people would never say these things directly to them themselves.....it's just not for me really.

Yes like that!

haha, fair enough! :)

quirky

Visit site
Just an opinion poll really.

What do you think is better Facebook or Twitter? :)

They are the root of all evil and seem to give some users bravado that they lack in real life.
I know more than one person who has been deeply upset about FB shennanigans!

becca1305

Visit site
Never fancied trying twitter tbh. But I do use FB. I have a lot of friends who I went to college with (lived away from home) and its lovely to keep in contact with them and an easy way for me to see what they've been up to and same vice versa. Also nice as most of my friends know my mare so they can see pics of what she's been up to and how she's been getting on and nosy at my other neddies that some of them haven't met :).

I don't think either are solely for people who 'can't make real life friends' tbh. I know people who use it to keep in contact with friends they made when travelling the world, and its certainly invaluable to me for keeping up with friends. Sure I could send them all emails, but its much more time consuming and means I have to individually select relevant details to go to each friend and am essentially forcing them to write back out of social etiquette :p whereas they can browse my FB and comment at will :). Similarly I also like being able to see how my college friends, now scattered across England and Wales, are getting on with their neddies as I don't get to see them a lot.

Also for christmas I had a beautiful drawing done by an extended family member off one of my competition photos on Facebook, which was a really lovely surprise :). So its definitely not all bad!

scrunchie

Visit site
I like Facebook because I like playing the games plus I've rediscovered a lot of friends that I would never have seen again in real life. It's always nice to catch up with people.

Shantara

Visit site

Agreed. I've had several death threats...I don't even know what I did!
The drama...my goodness. Also, the amount of times I've caught boys cheating on there..."Oh, babe, it's just facebook!" ******* off.

coss

Visit site
i have my twitter connected to my facebook so my twitter status auto updates my facebook status.
I rarely update either status anyway though - i use facebook as a cloud database for photos and to share photos with several people at once (by lists, so some friends can't see them).

Shutterbug

Visit site
They are the root of all evil and seem to give some users bravado that they lack in real life.

Bit like internet forums then? :D

Facebook is not the cause of people having their feelings hurt, or boyfriends cheating, or friends saying nasty things about each other - PEOPLE are responsible for that - they have control over their own actions. Facebook need not be a nasty thing and its not for people who have no friends (although I do agree 1 person cannot possibly have 1000 friends on facebook.

Last edited:

Shantara

Visit site
DEATH THREATS! :eek:

I have never been on either, and after this comment, I think I'll keep it that way.

Yea! A bit extreme, huh?
Once was because I 'liked' an atheist group, once was because I posted something about horse road safety which turned into a heated argument (they wished death on me AND the horse..) and I think there was one or two more, usually by over the top, weird, spoilt teenagers!

muddygreymare

Visit site
I'm on both but do prefer facebook. I have been a victim of abuse and had problems on fb but 95% its fine and I just block people/limit what they can see now to try and avoid problems. I also have a facebook page for my business and its great advertising. :)
I agree though that the sites are not to blame for the problems and stuff that happen, it's all the fault of the people who hide behind an internet site to bully and hurt people, unfortunately!

mulledwhine

Visit site
Face book, all my friends in their are friends, dont have anyone u don't know.

And only really use twitter to get celebrity gossip, I only really chat to my famous friend on there as it is more private than Facebook :)