Fair weather rider - I've turned into one

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Ha know the feeling, its not so much me but Nell! She took a disliking to fog, rain on the road, anything less than nice weather conditions!

The cold weather has since not enticed me out much, nor her new found fright of cars. I am hoping by the time she comes back in two weeks some milder weather is on its way.... :)

ihatework

Visit site
I have to say my mojo has been wavering over the last few months!

I'm Forcing myself to ride 5 days a week at the moment but that's only because I have a very jolly fit fully clipped horse with winter regionals and winter champs coming up. If I didn't I'd be very tempted to give her the winter off!

saddlesore

Visit site
I'm super unmotivated this year too. My last horse had to be kept in work or his head exploded so I'm taking full advantage of my young cobs laid back approach to life!

asmp

Visit site
So glad it's not just me then! I can always find an excuse - looks like it's going to rain, the roads might be icy, even the sun is too low and the drivers might not see me. Part of the trouble is because I'm not working at the moment, I tend to think there is always tomorrow!

Montyforever

Visit site
Opposite problem, want to ride but only managed to once this week due to snow, then ice! School frozen solid, roads too slippery cant win!

Deltaflyer

Visit site
I don't arrive at the yard until after 6pm due to work. If I get up there determined to ride and get on with tacking up rather than chatting then I'm okay, to be honest, while riding I don't even feel the cold and my rufty tufty connie ID isn't precious about the cold either. However, the minute I start thinking about and dither about it I talk myself out of it. Doesn't help that my boy switches off if he has to go in the school several times in a row. Roll on the lighter evenings :) So, I am teetering on becoming a far weather rider.

Theocat

Visit site
I always try to fit too much in and I've made a conscious decision in the last six months to chill out a bit and put less pressure on myself. If I can ride twice at the weekend (and I don't even force myself to do that if I don't want to) and maybe once during the week at the moment, I'm happy with that!

Anyone else do that thing where they go into the arena to check it hoping it's going to be frozen? :p