Fairfax bridles

holeymoley

Visit site
Does anyone have one of these?

They’re extortionate! I’m not adverse to paying good money for good quality but every time that I’ve seen one, they just don’t seem to suit the head of the horse it’s on. I have a saddle fitter on faceache who posts them when she’s ‘fitted’ them and I’ve not seen any that compliment the horse at all. It’s almost as if the noseband just isn’t right in some way. In the advert photos they really suit the horse.

Does anyone have one? Are they really worth it?

Last edited:

wiglet

Visit site
I don't have one.
I do however share your point of view. They are extortionate, a lady on my yard has one. IMO, it doesn't suit her horses head, she has a TB and the bridle looks clumsy on his fine head. The noseband in particular looks wrong (the fitter took ages trying to get the noseband to fit correctly, I'm not convinced it's right, even now) in that it's padded but looks stiff and unfitted. The lady loves it though and says her horse goes well in it.

Each to their own but, I believe you can get better quality bridles that give a better fit and look so much nicer.

holeymoley

Visit site
I don't have one.
I do however share your point of view. They are extortionate, a lady on my yard has one. IMO, it doesn't suit her horses head, she has a TB and the bridle looks clumsy on his fine head. The noseband in particular looks wrong (the fitter took ages trying to get the noseband to fit correctly, I'm not convinced it's right, even now) in that it's padded but looks stiff and unfitted. The lady loves it though and says her horse goes well in it.

Each to their own but, I believe you can get better quality bridles that give a better fit and look so much nicer.

Yes! This is what I was meaning. The noseband is a strange fit on the horses I’ve seen and thats from Tb’s to heavier types. There seems to be a metal loop at the side too which looks as if it’s much too high up. Almost as if the length of the noseband is too short.