Fairfax girth co buy's was it worth it?

Gryfiss

Visit site
Just wondering how your getting on with the fairfax girths as it's been a while now since the first co buy has it made a great deal of difference or is it no better than say an albion or frank bains girth?

I'm getting one this weekend for a weeks trial so I guess i'll see then but I was looking at the albion and frankbains and thought they looked good too and a bit better value for money.

I have head of a couple of top event and dressage yards that they think it has made no difference .

All good and bad opinons wanted thanks in advance x:)

Daytona

Visit site
I love mine, my horses stride length when relaxed long and low is defo longer and he more relaxed through his back

He is quite guarded about his back and we have seen a positive improvement . Worth every penny for me and I paid RRP for mine it was not through that co buy offer

Gryfiss

Visit site
I love mine, my horses stride length when relaxed long and low is defo longer and he more relaxed through his back

He is quite guarded about his back and we have seen a positive improvement . Worth every penny for me and I paid RRP for mine it was not through that co buy offer

thanks for replying my horse ids very sensitive with pink skin so i'm hoping it's worth the money I would be interested if anyone has had a other top brand girth who has brought it have seen a difference or it there all a bit of a muchness.

I will be getting the gp style x

Horseymumma

Visit site
I have the long version of the fairfax (wasn't bought through the co buy either) and my boy loves it!

He is more relaxed under saddle now and moves much more freely.

I would say it was definitely worth the money for us anyway.

ann-jen

Visit site
I have the short version, while I have not noted any huge difference in my mares ridden work, her long standing calluses in her armpits have disappeared after years and years. So very pleased with mine! And I had tried other contoured/shaped girths before which didn't help.

Chocy

Visit site
Any1 got any pics of their horse wearing them? Am thinking bout 1 for my horse but being a tiny (15h) I find lots of dressage girths r 2 bulky/wide for him

Sol

Visit site
Any1 got any pics of their horse wearing them? Am thinking bout 1 for my horse but being a tiny (15h) I find lots of dressage girths r 2 bulky/wide for him

I emailed Fairfax & they said that for a horse with a gap of less than 22cm between the forelegs, the girth would not be suitable. Needless to say, my boy has about 15cm at best between his legs (he is super small/narrow though 15.2hh). That put me off, and I also think the quality is a bit poor :eek: My £120 Passier girth seemed much, much nicer! :eek:

Chocy

Visit site
Sol- thanx 4 that will get the tape measure on him some time! Altho as I've got 2 saddles that don't fit girth is someway down the line now after visit 2day!
Good tip bout the passier & lots cheaper 2 :)

TigerTail

Visit site
I never got an email about the blinking co buy grr

I bought the Le Tixerant girth instead, v similar and has solved my horse trying to stamp on my toes :D

FfionWinnie

Visit site
It's really frustrating they don't make any of these fancy girths for ponies. Do they think ponies don't have girth issues or something :mad:

Would love one for my mare but she would need a 38" :(

NeedNewHorse

Visit site
Hi, I simply cannot afford the asking price, least not this year!! Is there any similar alternatives that are cheaper.... Mines anatomically shaped but clearly not in the same league!

Nicola74

New User
Visit site
I've just bought a long one off eBay 52" and when compared to the Jeffries 52" it was quite a lot shorter. Fairfax must measure end to end inc buckles where as all my other 52" girths do not inc the buckles in the measurement

canteron

Visit site
got mine in the co-buy, horse loves it and I will never use a non fairfax girth on her again given the choice!

I have them and love them - it just makes sense to spread the tension over a wider space - if you put your hand under a normal girth and feel the pressure and then put it under a fairfax girth you will see what I mean. Most normal girths you can feel a couple of pressure points whereas the fairfax seems to spread the pressure over the width.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I did not WANT to buy one but my boy had callouses behind his elbows no matter what. We had leather, string, shaped, curved, neoprene, Sheepskin lines, sheepskin cover, nothing worked.

Then the Fairfax. No callouses. No worries.

They are the only ones I have seen that seem curved in 3 dimensions, they actually are slacker at the front than at the back, so they do not block the skin and muscle as they can glide underneath.

Leg12

Visit site
I did not WANT to buy one but my boy had callouses behind his elbows no matter what. We had leather, string, shaped, curved, neoprene, Sheepskin lines, sheepskin cover, nothing worked.

Then the Fairfax. No callouses. No worries.

They are the only ones I have seen that seem curved in 3 dimensions, they actually are slacker at the front than at the back, so they do not block the skin and muscle as they can glide underneath.

Thank you :) :) its only the price that puts me off :/ but haven't heard anyone say anything bad about them sooo probs cheaper then me keeping buying rubbish one after rubbish one :/ . How do I work out what size I need loool ...rookie question i know but its a dif shape and not elasticated is it soooo yeh i dunno :p (dressage girth straps so wld need dressage girth length :) ) ?!
Cheers for all help :) x

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Thank you :) :) its only the price that puts me off :/ but haven't heard anyone say anything bad about them sooo probs cheaper then me keeping buying rubbish one after rubbish one :/ . How do I work out what size I need loool ...rookie question i know but its a dif shape and not elasticated is it soooo yeh i dunno :p (dressage girth straps so wld need dressage girth length :) ) ?!
Cheers for all help :) x

No worries, it would have been cheaper for me to just go buy a Fairfax in the first place too, but at the time I thought they were a rip off. I am very happy now :)

You do need one size longer than you think, I would say it is because of the amount of padding and shaping, it takes up room under the outer skin of the girth. I actually bought 3 sizes before having the right one, but most shops are great about swapping as long as you have not "used" it.

Do look at the sizing as they have standard and narrow gauge now.

I am sure you will love it.