Fairy Plaits, or horse markings??

Serenity087

Now would I be a Kentish lass, or a lass of Kent?
Visit site
WARLOCKS, not pagans! :D

My phrase 'pagan oddballs' was merely an ignorant slip and meant no offense to any of a pagan persuasion :p :eek:

Hum. I may know a warlock somewhere who is still insulted by the insinuation that they have nothing better to do than play my little ponies with someone elses horse :p

And I ain't offended, I'll just come plait up your horses mane and tail in the night :p

hairycob

Visit site
If anybody is sussing out your yard the odds are that what they are after is tack/rugs. If they are unmarked they are easy to steal & easy to get rid of & nigh on impossible to prove they are stolen (far, far easier than horses which will also need feeding/housing in the short term).
You can protect your tack by post code marking/ taking it home.
You can protect your rugs by postcode marking with flourescent spray paint.
You can protect your stuff in general by postcode marking everything even low value items like buckets, - if they are marked potential theives will most likely assume the valuable stuff is too.
If I were you I would buy some permamnent markers & spray paint & get marking. I re-mark my rugs as a matter of routine when they are cleaned

G&T

Visit site
Hum. I may know a warlock somewhere who is still insulted by the insinuation that they have nothing better to do than play my little ponies with someone elses horse :p

And I ain't offended, I'll just come plait up your horses mane and tail in the night :p

I only wish someone would!! Between my sad efforts with a solo comb and her natural bushiness her mane has been rendered an un-plaitable, scraggly wreck... :(

I wish I was friends with a warlock :cool:

Tinseltoes

Visit site
My cob never gets tangles but the untouchable section A, oh she always get them.I can do her mane one day,few days later bingo hwere we go again,loads of tangles grrrrrr!!!!!

Deffinatly NOT man made!!!!

Tinypony

Visit site
G+T, you are right - factually there are no reported cases of horses being marked like this and then stolen. The story that went around last year about a mare found left at the docks was a hoax. That seems to be where this stuff about horses being marked with plaits to be stolen started.