FAL Pro Sweet Itch Rug

amandathepanda

Visit site
I haven't used the Fal but the Rambo Sweet Itch hoodies are fab! I've got 3 so I can keep washing them & a dust buster for less midgey days when he is i his stable. Works on my 17 hand warmblood anyway
smile.gif

BigRed

Visit site
Yes, I have used one. My TB Mare gets sweetitch on her belly and chest. Where the rug covers her sides, it works. However it does NOT protect the tummy area and the nonsense they put on their website about flies not flying under the black section of the rug, is complete rubbish. The flies in Surrey go straight under the rug and bite the tummy.

If your horse only has a problem with tail and mane areas, it may be OK for you.

I also found the rug very slippery and my horse kept wriggling out of it. Which she has never managed to do before.

This summer I will use a Boett rug, which the insurance company actually paid for. Thanks NFU.

tcarter

Visit site
Thanks for your replies - I used the Rambo hoodie last year and was pleased with it.

I was wandering if there were any better alternatives before I buy a second Rambo hoodie as a spare

BigRed

Visit site
As I said, my Mare gets sweetitch badly on her tummy and chest. My vet suggested she was allergy tested and as she is insured, NFU agreed for her to go to Liphook Horse Hospital for 2 days. They confirmed it was an allergic reaction to anything that was fly shaped. The vet at Liphook said in his opinion the only worthwile treatment was keeping her indoors or wearing a Boett rug when she is outside. NFU actually offered to buy the rug without my asking.