FAL sweet itch fly sheet - has anyone got one please?

kerilli

Visit site
trying to decide which fly rug to buy for my sweet-itchy 4 yr old. already have cheapo Amigo which is pretty good, she's not sweating under it and not rubbing either, but it's looking tatty, and i need another one so she has one on all the time while i wash the other one!
wondering whether to splash out on the expensive FAL one (as every other FAL rug i've ever had has been brilliant) or go for something cheaper. Is it worth the extra? Do horses sweat under it? Do they come up big like most other FALs?
alternative would be the Rambo Protector i think, about half the price...
Thankyou!

dozzie

Visit site
I have got two! Shame I have been away. The silver interactive ones are really soft which is why I bought mine. Mare is a bit sensitive. I also like the Fal neckfastenings for horses that are out 24/7. I actually find the join between the rug and neck a bit tight on my mare although Mr Skinny neck is ok. I think the rambo would be as good but the silver interactive keeps them cool apparently.Mine never sweat in them. But if they get ripped they are a nightmare to mend ! My mare caught hers on the gate and trashed it in 24 hours. It has been mended but it was a nightmare. So I wasnt too happy. She isnt a rug wrecker normally. The other horse has been fine in his though. I also bought the fly mask but it kept coming off. I am not sure I would buy another tbh.
smile.gif
I think I would go for a Rambo next time.

katylee

Visit site
agree they are really nice rugs but if you have a horse that rubs it will destroy the rug. and unless you have the neck attached to a headcollar or fly mask it doesnt sit up very well. but i do think they fit very well over the shoulders and sit nicely over their bum!