Falling off has left me slightly paranoid!!

m3gan

Visit site
I am quite surprised at how anxious I have become since I fell off nearly 3 weeks ago at a gate.
I now find myself having to get off at most gates now as I am too concerned that I will fall off again!

Is there a cure for it or will I be always paranoid when in the vicinity of a gate?
All remedies greatlyfully received!!

Nudibranch

Visit site
Don't worry, over time your fear will fade - it's just your brain's protective instinct! I had a horrible accident which literally put me off for years... but my last horse was a nutty, sharp TB and these days I'm fine.

JessPickle

Visit site
You'll be fine you just need time. After my horse ran through some fencing on a certain part of a ride and I fell off I would ride anywhere but at this spot I would always have to get off as I had a mental block! Took a friend forcing me to go there and stay on my horse to get me to stay on! never had a problem since!

m3gan

Visit site
Thanks guys, I think I know I have to face my "demons" i.e gates with more time I hope it will improve.
I guess It might also be connected to the fact that I have had to move horsey twice in the last 4 months and that has been unsettling, funnily enough, more for me than horsey!
xx
shocked.gif

CarlottaH

New User
Visit site
Dont be worried about being paranoid, my pony has been so flighty in the past i have literally fallen off 3 times in half an hour. And thid was from just riding. As long as you keep getting back up you will be fine. If its a gate like on a hack, why not ry just jumping a gate in a field of school to get your confidence up again.