Falling out of love with horses

travellingpony

Visit site
I wish my friend has the yard I’m subletting so no it doesn’t work that way. It’s purely convenient it hasn’t much else going for it. She is slowly improving it but it’s years of neglect.

touchstone

Visit site
I think reducing numbers and then see how you feel is the way forwards. I had my mare pts a few years ago and although I miss her, I feel liberated like I never have for years.

I've more money in my pocket, I'm not constantly watching every season for too much or too little rain, whether it's too icy, if flies are bothering etc. etc. and watching out for the dreaded laminitis was a constant worry; not to mention that the roads were getting worse to ride on. I'm free to take holidays when I want as the cats and dogs are so much easier for someone else to care for.

I was also the person that worked with horses and had them all my life, my family still has them, but I still wouldn't get another, I enjoy watching them from a distance now.

Everyone is different though, and I've had fifty years of them :0 so I think take things slowly and see how you feel over the next few months would be my advice.

mytwofriends

Visit site
I think reducing numbers and then see how you feel is the way forwards. I had my mare pts a few years ago and although I miss her, I feel liberated like I never have for years.

I've more money in my pocket, I'm not constantly watching every season for too much or too little rain, whether it's too icy, if flies are bothering etc. etc. and watching out for the dreaded laminitis was a constant worry; not to mention that the roads were getting worse to ride on. I'm free to take holidays when I want as the cats and dogs are so much easier for someone else to care for.

I was also the person that worked with horses and had them all my life, my family still has them, but I still wouldn't get another, I enjoy watching them from a distance now.

Everyone is different though, and I've had fifty years of them :0 so I think take things slowly and see how you feel over the next few months would be my advice.

You’re me!