Family argument over names.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
she is lovely, just my type of dog, my favourite dog of all time is the deerhound and she is a smaller version...just perfect. what is her prey drive like?

Fools Motto

Visit site
she is lovely, just my type of dog, my favourite dog of all time is the deerhound and she is a smaller version...just perfect. what is her prey drive like?

Her favourite thing of all is to lope upto anyone else walking to say hi to. Then to say hi to other dogs.... She stares at birds, as if she is about to go chase, but hasn't yet, no bothered by cats. (In her defense no cat has started running - she would probably chase then). She has just recently been introduced to sheep, and isn't bothered, but I wouldn't let her off lead regardless - she is fast! She is yet to experience rabbit, and was looking the other way (luckily) when a supprise deer ran out.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
my last lurcher absolutely ignored sheep , i always put her on the lead anyway but even if the sheep were running in the field she showed no interest, however if a deer, hare or rabbit showed themselves she was gone in an instant if i was too slow to grab her...

Fools Motto

Visit site
She is lovely FM 😍😍😍 how did you find her?
I was recommended to find a lady who runs a rescue and re-homing charity based in Somerset. (Thanks to a random chat to a strange lady on a beach in Cornwall!) Only took 1 message (I was just thinking I'd be put onto their books for any future possible whippet types) but this little ''thing'' was going through some physiotherapy for her broken leg, and I just fell for her face in one photo!! The rest was history.
I've tracked down the 'strange lady in cornwall' since, and thanked her.

{97702}

Visit site
That is lovely - I’d really like another long haired lurcher like her, I think the answer is to keep an eye on rescue sites 😊