Fancy a 2012 Pentathlon horse?

Grumpy Jewel

Visit site
Do you remember the horse Glen Gold? He was being bounced between dealers for various prices. Well, he's up for sale again. I can't paste a link as I'm on my phone, but he's on the Surrey Horse and Pony Facebook sight if anyone fancied a bargain. He was up at £1500 but everyone's saying its too low so she's upped the price to £2000.

TandD

Visit site
ahhhhh if i had a stable poor bl***y horse........ why do this???????? he looked fantastic at the olympics and deserves a forever home!

TandD

Visit site
The new owner is pregnant. I don't know them at all, just seen the ad and felt sorry for the chap as I thought he'd landed on his feet.

yes just read all the way through the post....... turn him away in a group, he deserves it!!!! was so pleased for him when i heard he had found a private home! dont like to see a horse keep moving around :(

Venevidivici

Visit site
Does anyone know if this poor boy has any known soundness or temperament/vice issues? (Aside from the obvious being 18yrs old and no spring chicken anymore.)

primrosehoney

New User
Visit site
right lets get the truth out there about this horse he gets bounced around dealers as he is STOLEN!!!!! He has a locking stifle and will NOT pass a vet he was stolen way before the Olympics but unfortunately the owner he was STOLEN from couldn't trace him as he got bounced around too quickly and due to other pressures the owner gave up looking for him he is freezemarked D68 under his saddle area and his theft has been registered with farmkey and the police he also gets sold as a schoolmaster which he is far from he hates hacking out naps for England if he doenst feel like going if anyone knows his current whereabouts his rightful owner would be most grateful to be able to reclaim him and let him have the happy retirement he deserves!!!!

Queenbee

Visit site
right lets get the truth out there about this horse he gets bounced around dealers as he is STOLEN!!!!! He has a locking stifle and will NOT pass a vet he was stolen way before the Olympics but unfortunately the owner he was STOLEN from couldn't trace him as he got bounced around too quickly and due to other pressures the owner gave up looking for him he is freezemarked D68 under his saddle area and his theft has been registered with farmkey and the police he also gets sold as a schoolmaster which he is far from he hates hacking out naps for England if he doenst feel like going if anyone knows his current whereabouts his rightful owner would be most grateful to be able to reclaim him and let him have the happy retirement he deserves!!!!

Have sent you a pm

ribbons

Visit site
A stolen horse was used in the Olympics and no one realised. Even though his theft was registered with police and farmkey.

Priceless !!!!

Just proves what most people always knew. Passports, data bases etc have no use whatsoever for the purposes we were told they were for.
As the youngsters chipped since that law came in grow up, will that make a difference ? I doubt it.
For these things to be effective, requires efficiency. :)

Did original owner contact authorities when she realised he was being used.
What have they had to say about it.

Last edited:

Grumpy Jewel

Visit site
I missed the thread being resurrected, but i believe this horse is up for sale again. The poor thing keeps being bumped and bounced about. I dont know for certain, but theees not many people who post pics of their horse jumping with canary wharf in the background!!

Capriole

Visit site
Mindboggling how this horse keeps getting sold on and on if it's been reported stolen. You think they'd catch up with wherever he is eventually wouldnt you?!

Queenbee

Visit site
I believe there is a lot more to this than meets the eye... Perhaps people can stop speculating this IS being looked into currently but keeping this in the public eye is possibly counterproductive.

fatponee

Visit site
OP - I just logged onto here to post the same post as you. Just saw the horse advertised on 'West Sussex Riders' page on Facebook. Feel sorry for the poor boy :(

Grumpy Jewel

Visit site
Haha fatponee, I've just looked and he's on about 5 of the groups in this area. If there's more to meets the eye and it's being looked into then alls well and good and hopefully it will be worked out, but in the meantime he's still for sale and looks like a nice horse.