Fancy Dress: ideas?

aimeeq94

Visit site
hi guys, im taking Jasper to a show on 12th august.
Were doing the driving class but then hopefully also doing the ridden fancy dress parade, but i have no idea what to dress as. so could you put all your ideas forward?
grin.gif

preferably something that wont cost loads as ill probs only wear it the once.
Jasper is a black and white cob
smile.gif

thankyou x

Kipandbud

Visit site
My first pony (now 29yrs young) went to a fancy dress competition a couple of weeks ago. He's a skewbald and the obvious costume for a coloured is cowboy/indians etc. Then you get the Fairys, Hairy Potters and Knights etc............

SO.......

we got him a pair of cow horns that mooed when you pressed them and dressed him up as a cow........ The little girl who rode him was dressed as a dairy lea triangle and her mum (leading) was dressed as a milk maid complete with milk churn! ......we did try and attach some marigolds to him so that she could 'milk him' in the line up....... but we didn't manage it!

Got some funny looks and asked to walk to the ring a different way as the mooing pony was spooking the show ponies! ...... had a great day...... came second but was brilliant...... and not as predictable!
grin.gif

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Black and white clown, I find that discount curtain shops are ideal for finding the material for fancy dress. I went as a yellow red and white clown on my chesnut mare at christmas, the material coswt me £5 from a very cheap curtain shop
smile.gif

Dobby

Visit site
Humpty Dumpty! You're the egg and your pony is the wall. I got a bedsheet, cut it to size and painted it to look like a brick wall and put it under or over your saddle, then pad yourself out with pillows or whatever.
grin.gif

Goya

Visit site
Horse radish
clothes horse
Black and white Minstrels (not sure if that is PC though)
night and day
british weather (i.e. half rain half summer)