Fantastic Freya and Brilliant Borde Hill

rising_promise

Visit site
Sorry, not very imaginative but it's been a long weekend and I've come back to work for a rest! ;)

My 5 yo ex racehorse Freya did her first ODE last weekend. Stormed round the XC with just a couple of mistakes at the end so I decided to do a late entry in the 80cm at Borde Hill this Saturday. I know the organisor so was snuck in at the end of the section so was very grateful and also helped all day yesterday.

I walked the course on Friday afternoon and thought there was nothing I was worried about height/ technicality wise but lots of things that she'd never seen before ie blue houses, bright white walls etc.

So off we went on Saturday hoping that the predicted rain wouldn't come in the afternoon as I had late times. We don't have studs either so didn't want it getting slippy but thankfully there was only a small amount while we were in the XC warm up but nothing to worry about.

Dressage was good. She behaved impeccably as usual but I didn't feel the test was all that. No fault of her own, I just didn't get her supple enough but she's only 5 and it's only her 2nd test on grass so I was happy enough with 37.5 which left us about 18th out of 42 ish.

Onto SJ. I'd walked the course the day before and thought it looked nice, nothing she should worry. She didn't disappoint me and popped round for a lovely clear, allbeit a bit speedy to the last!

Here's the vid: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151765700155141&set=vb.740160140&type=2&theater

And a few pics- bought from Spidge with FULL PERMISSION TO POST!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

XC she was absolutely fantastic and stormed round for a clear 14 secs inside the time, absolutely loved it! I am so chuffed with her and did shed a tear when we finished!!
A vid of coming round to the ditch. I wanted to trot it as it's very spooky and gets a lot of trouble as going away from the collecting ring but needless to say she popped it beatifully and whizzed off to the next...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151765729005141&set=vb.740160140&type=2&theater

Another vid of us coming through the water at the end. After last weeks dither at the water at Lodge Farm I was hoping she'd find it a bit easier this week. She did come back to a walk but was always going so I just kept my leg on and kept telling her how good she was (as you will hear!) and in she went. Over the last and we had finished, clear!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151765758685141&set=vb.740160140&type=2&theater

And a few more pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am so over the moon with her and am now really excited about her future with me. You can't beat a ginger TB mare!! :)

lex2501

Visit site
:) She looks so happy and confiden - such a credit to you! And what a fabulous advert she is for under-rated ex racers! I'm really looking forward to keeping up with your progress :)

rising_promise

Visit site
Well done, great result! She has a lovely jump on her and looks like she really enjoys it!

Thanks Twiggy, she does seem to love it :)

She looks just fab, very well done - a great result! :biggrin3:

Thanks AandK :)

:) She looks so happy and confiden - such a credit to you! And what a fabulous advert she is for under-rated ex racers! I'm really looking forward to keeping up with your progress :)

They are very under-rated, as you are finding out! :)

She looks super, and you are right you can't beat a ginger TB mare!

Ginger TB mares are superstars! ;)

Nicnac

Visit site
I know I said it on FB, but such a fantabulous combination :biggrin3:

Loving that you have a smile on your face in every single photo! So where next for you and little wonderhorse??

rising_promise

Visit site
I know I said it on FB, but such a fantabulous combination :biggrin3:

Loving that you have a smile on your face in every single photo! So where next for you and little wonderhorse??
Thanks, she is a real cool dude. Dobbin the docile in the warm up the pulls it out of the bag when she gets out there!

Not sure what we're upto yet. Might take her to Tweseldown unaff end of September then maybe Pulborough though thats a very loose plan. I don't want to overdo it this year but just do a couple of 80's so hopefully we can start at 90 at the beginning of the season next year :)

McW

Visit site
Pictures tell all, great combination. How long have you had her? Did you get her our of training?

Sounds like a good plan for this season, can be easy to over face them!

Nicnac

Visit site
Think Pulborough will be hho picnic time! We're off to Firle (eek) and hopefully Munstead but day tickets this year so always at risk of being balloted.

rising_promise

Visit site
Pictures tell all, great combination. How long have you had her? Did you get her our of training?

Sounds like a good plan for this season, can be easy to over face them!
I've had her since November. She's raced 27 times, retired in April 2012 as a 4yo then had 6 months basically chilling. I got from an ex jockey with connections at Newmarket where she was based and I started her from scratch. She's a real sweetie :)

Think Pulborough will be hho picnic time! We're off to Firle (eek) and hopefully Munstead but day tickets this year so always at risk of being balloted.

Yes i saw the Smokester was doing the 90 at Firle- best of luck, they'll be fab and he certainly looked ready for the step up when I saw him at Chilham!

SpruceRI

Visit site
Once again, your videos are great ;) !!

And it's not just ginger TB mares that are fab, little Welshie gingers are too :)

xx

rising_promise

Visit site
Once again, your videos are great ;) !!

And it's not just ginger TB mares that are fab, little Welshie gingers are too :)

xx

Yes of course little ginger Welshies too! ;)

What a result! Well done!

Thank you :)

Well done on the placing you both look super - she looks really relaxed and happy too :)

Thank you, she's cool as a cucumber :)

Well done! sounds like a very successful day :) fantastic photo, especially the XC ones!

Thank you, went a little overboard on the photo's but you can never have enough can you....?! ;)