Fantastic Lesson Report.

kandm

Visit site
Not really CR, however had such a good lesson couldn't resist :).

So Max and I tootled off to our first ever dressagee lesson together, all very last minute, so didn't have much time to prepare. However I was slightly nervous as this was Max's first time in an indoor school and first time out in the box since June. Well I shouldn't have worried. He was abit sweated up when we arrived, and took him about 5mins to really settle and relax in the indoor school, however after that he was an angel.

Dressage Instructor was really good she picked up on my bad habits straight off, mostly "look up" ;), and very quick to picking up when he would just slightly slip behind the leg, or rush a tad to much in the trot, however we got a lovely relaxed rhythmical (sp) trot in the end. Onto canter, he was fine once in canter, however she said due to him being a baby we needed to focus on getting our actual canter transitions far more forwards rather than up, que alot of canter transitions and a very tired rider and horse ;). However yet again we got there in the end, so home work for the moment is more forwards in canter transition :). However she was very complimentry, saying that he was a very honest little pony, wouldn't have known he hadn't had much experience under his belt, there wasn't much more she could pick up on as everything is pretty much how it should be for his level of training as a four year old, which was really reasuring just to know I'm not completely screwing him up :p.

Hopefully we'll have another lesson with her soon enough, she is just so quick and constructive, explains why everything happens, e.g in the canter atm he relies abit too much on me and needs to stand abit more on his own feet, which is both a positive and a negative, as it shows we have a strong partnership :).

Here are a few pics, and hopefully soon we'll be off to do some dressage tests :p

3-12.png

6-8.png

8-5.png

10-4.png

kandm

Visit site
Thank you :). Sadly I don't think I can afford to have one per week - slightly on the high side of money, however every penny worth it :p. Once we have transport sorted should be able to have one every two weeks, which will be fantastic :).

Thanks, it'll probably end up with me falling off :p.

FFF

Visit site
He is looking fab K :) Havent spoken to you in a while but he looks amazing :D

Who is the instructor?