Fantastic News

eggs

Visit site
:) My retired old boy (21) was scanned again today and has been given the all clear to begin walking in hand.

Six and a half long months of complete box rest (except from when he escaped one afternoon ...) following a ruptured superficial flexor tendon has been worth it knowing that he will be able to return to his favourite activity of field ornament.

Apart from the above mentioned escape and heart stopping trot round the yard he has been so well behaved - even when all his mates have been turned out and he has been in on his own.

Paddydou

Visit site
Just smiled. Have no idea who you are but can imagine the worry. You are right that is fantastic news!

Enjoy your weekend!

Booboos

Visit site
Brilliant news! It's such a huge relief when they put up with the box rest, recover from serious injuries and are finally back to normal! Well done!

eggs

Visit site
Thank you for your kind words.

Went for our first 2 minutes in-hand walk with 30 mins in-hand grazing and he was a superstar. I am sure he wanted to have a buck and a f**t but remembered his manners and didn't put a hoof wrong.

He has been such a good horse - not the most talented but would always try his heart out - and I am so glad that he can now start to enjoy his retirement again and we are not having to face having him PTS over this.

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
Brilliant :) we are in the same position with our girl (although she is only 16 and not retired!)
Perseverance pays off!! :)
Fantastic, well done and good luck with him!!