Fantasy Relocation - Where would you choose?

Jellymoon

Visit site
For a bit of fun, if you could up sticks with the horses and get away from this awful weather…where would you go? Somewhere with a nice climate and a good horsey scene, not too alien to someone used to the UK saystems. Not too far from UK so one could come back to visit family and friends.
I’m thinking Girona area, Spain…but where else?

PurBee

Visit site
Sorry, my fantasy doesnt fit the brief entirely - id choose specific areas of Costa Rica, purely for the temperate climate and ability to grow abundant food/grass all year round, rather than politics etc.

Nearest Uk place thats also gorgeous would be Tuscany Italy, and regions around Barcelona/north east Spain - again for climate only!

If money was no object, i’d love a massive ranch in California 😁😍

millitiger

Visit site
Montana
New Zealand
Monmouthshire

Whichever one though, would need minimum 100 acres on good ground.
Then the weather would be immaterial as my winter turnout field could be 20+ acres, so no mud bath.

SO1

Visit site
I hate the heat so it would have to be somewhere which didn't get really hot during summer. Azores is meant to be fairly consistent with temperatures.

Esyllt

Visit site
Northern Sweden. We both love it there (regular attendees of the WRC Rally Sweden!). Actual seasons. Proper wild countryside. People that don't like interacting with other people unless necessary. We looked at moving there a good few years ago, but now with the horses and dog, I think it will stay fantasy

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
Scotland - probably Dumfries and Galloway but I’m open to ideas really 🤣 The highlands are glorious too ❤️

Weather - as you can tell - doesn’t bother me, I can always go on holiday 😊

spotty_pony2

Visit site
somewhere dry and a bit warmer - would seriously consider France, Spain and Italy as long as I could take my horse with me!

meleeka

Visit site
West coast of Ireland!

Eta I did read the brief but it's possible my idea of good climate isn't everyone's.

My friend is about to move there. It looks lovely, but a bit remote for my liking and the weather would put me off.

I’d like to move up north, the Yorkshire Dales, or the Peak District. OH wants to move to the Isle of Wight 😏

Polos Mum

Visit site
Cape Town, fab beach riding and healthy competition scene.
I'd probably do 6 months there and 6 months UK in my fantasy world (bringing all the ponies / dogs with me as I flit between the two)