Fantasy Relocation - Where would you choose?

Maxidoodle

Visit site
Having just returned to the U.K. after 3.5yrs away I’d definitely stay here but with an indoor and all weather turnout. It’s easy to think the grass is greener elsewhere (even for a fantasy 😃), far worse places than the U.K. and nowhere is perfect. 🤪

reynold

Visit site
Tried to move to NZ a few years ago but had left it until I was approaching 55 and I was turned down due to my age sadly having passed the medical and done all the financial, etc. forms. Wanted to move near Wellington and even had a firm job offer in IT with a financial company. Was going to take all my horses and dogs with me.

Wyoming/Montana have always been a fantasy (and I wouldn't need a visa as I was born in the USA) but I'm too unwell to afford the medical insurance fees I'd be subjected to. In my fantasy world I'd breed quarter horses and concentrate on palominos.

I know someone who has been to and lived in Costa Rica and worked there. Highly recommended and is a non-aggressor state with no army interestingly.

Michen

Visit site
I followed my fantasy in relocating to Colorado! Though from a horse perspective I think S.Cal would be great!

sunnyone

Visit site
We did the move to Spain for the winter fantasy. Went to Murcia and put the horses in the nearest livery yard to our flat! Our 3 horses hated it and we saw numerous things that we didn't find acceptable, the least of which was a noseband with tacks on the inside so that if the horse pulled it got wounded! When we put the ramp down on the horsebox to come home the jostled to get in!
Hence we live in France now.

teacups

Visit site

lynz88

Visit site
I too am absolutely astounded by the number of people who would relocate to the US. No way....couldn't pay me to move anywhere in the States (but then again I grew up 45 mins from the border). I think I would choose Spain or South of Portugal. Somewhere warm....I like the sun and I like Europe!

Pippity

Visit site
I'm amazed at the number of people who want to go to the States! Everyone I know in the States wants to leave...having said that, there are some incredibly beautiful areas in the States. But the politics...and the guns...
Oh, this is entirely fantasy, based purely on the physical attractiveness of the geography. Never mind the politics and guns - the complete lack of PTO from work would put me off!

ihatework

Visit site
I too am absolutely astounded by the number of people who would relocate to the US. No way....couldn't pay me to move anywhere in the States (but then again I grew up 45 mins from the border). I think I would choose Spain or South of Portugal. Somewhere warm....I like the sun and I like Europe!

Me too. I think the US would be bottom of the list, only beaten by NK, Russia, Ukraine and the Middle East.

Michen

Visit site
Depends where really, there are states within the USA that you couldn't pay me any money to live in for sure!

The individual states are countries in their own right in terms of feel. I absolutely adore the ones I frequent most which is Colorado, California, Arizona

marmalade88

Visit site

Denali

Visit site
The US is great if you have the money to insulate yourself from what most people don’t like about it. And if you don’t get bogged down in identity politics.

I like living in the US. I’m just priced out of my preferred area so am moving. I found Scotland to be so similar to where I grew up, it felt familiar.