FAO girlracer

Spotsrock

Visit site
Advert for chestnut gelding ex racer called majority turned up on my facebook newsfeed this morning advertised 'on behalf of a friend'.

Girlracer

Visit site
Oh this is so kind.

I had a nasty fall (Major wasn't responsible) and have just come out of hospital. My friend is looking after him for the time being.

I feel sick about the whole thing. It has just been the worst few months.

kinnygirl1

Visit site
T
Oh this is so kind.

I had a nasty fall (Major wasn't responsible) and have just come out of hospital. My friend is looking after him for the time being.

Oh god. So sorry to hear this. Get well soon! Hugs. X

Sheep

Visit site
Oh this is so kind.

Hope everything is OK. Poor you, you've had a really rough time of late. x

Merlod

Visit site
I had a nasty fall (Major wasn't responsible)

But i've seen the post where you say it happened as he bronced you off at a gallop? The FB sale ad then gives the impression of 100% sane and sensible type.. i'm not being to be horrid and I wish you all the best recovery but would it not be better to be 'more honest' in his advert to get him a suitable home?

spottybotty

Visit site
But i've seen the post where you say it happened as he bronced you off at a gallop? The FB sale ad then gives the impression of 100% sane and sensible type.. i'm not being to be horrid and I wish you all the best recovery but would it not be better to be 'more honest' in his advert to get him a suitable home?

He had limited treatment for KS also, this is the second time he has put you in hospital with serious injuries.

Girlracer

Visit site
Thank you for the kind words. I am ok, and the decision is one I'm ok with. I'd really rather people didn't debate it without full knowledge of the situation or what happened. Thank you.

Spotsrock

Visit site
As long as it's a decision and ur ok with it then it's not our business but I just panicked thinking you were loosing him! Good luck and best wishes

Feival

Visit site
But you sold Oakley to keep Major? So what's changed, you didn't want major to go again, but now you are 'ok with'

Dowjones

Visit site
Unfortunately posting on a forum will gain followers of your horse and sometimes they are just curious after offering advice and support to a member on a regular basis.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Unfortunately posting on a forum will gain followers of your horse and sometimes they are just curious after offering advice and support to a member on a regular basis.

Yes, I get that, but she has said she's ok. People have offered help if she wants it so is it fair to keep questioning her?

Girlracer

Visit site
Of course I understand that but obviously I haven't created this thread. It's all up in the air. I have had the worst 6 months of my life up to this point and what I don't need is a questioning online when the full facts aren't known.

I really genuinely appreciate all the well wishes and offers of support. You are all very kind.

Merlod

Visit site
I'm not questioning you selling him at all, that's entirely your decision and rightly so. I do feel for you and wish you all the best. My concern is that the advert makes him sound very easy but in reality (as spottybotty said) he has put you in hospital twice with quite serious injuries, this time being very being recent and someone buying him unaware of his history could end up very hurt.

WelshD

Visit site
I'm so sorry you are having a rough time of it :(

All I can say is try not to make any hasty decisions about anything while you are in pain and upset

I hope things improve for you and you bounce back from your injuries

justforfun

Visit site
Firstly let me say that no one deserves the injuries you have recieved and I wish you a full and speedy recovery .
I am however shocked that you are trying to deceive someone into buying a horse that has a kissing spine and riding issues.
The advert made the horse to be some kind of at saint and not got novices to be being a TB
If you truely loved Major then you should be 110% honest in his advert rather than sweeping the kissing spine under the carpet
If he was mine I would be putting him out on full loan to a non jumping ridden home with all the facts about him.
I saw a video of him jumping recently on YouTube and it's clear he is in pain
Please do what's right for him rather than filling your pocket
There are posts all over horse forums about major , his kissing spine , your accidents etc
Imagine if you sold him without being honest and someone gets hurt or killed then they discover majors ' past '

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Firstly let me say that no one deserves the injuries you have recieved and I wish you a full and speedy recovery .
I am however shocked that you are trying to deceive someone into buying a horse that has a kissing spine and riding issues.
The advert made the horse to be some kind of at saint and not got novices to be being a TB
If you truely loved Major then you should be 110% honest in his advert rather than sweeping the kissing spine under the carpet
If he was mine I would be putting him out on full loan to a non jumping ridden home with all the facts about him.
There are posts all over horse forums about major , his kissing spine , your accidents etc
Imagine if you sold him without being honest and someone gets hurt or killed then they discover majors ' past '

How very insensitive. Both the accidents the owner has received have been from jumping. The horse is fine in every other aspect other than jumping. Hence the hacking home he is advertised for.

I'm sure if anyone serious in buying the horse questioned the owner due would provide a full vets report.

There's being blunt then there is being a tactless keyboard warrior and hiding it behind apparent concern.

GR heal up and I hope you feel better soon.

Nannon

Visit site
I saw your advert too - I'm not too far away from you! If I had the money I'd have him, I have a total ginger weakness and don't jump :)
Hope you heal up soon xx

RaYandFinn

Visit site

As someone who has known GR and Major for some time, I know that 'brushing it under the carpet' is the last thing she is doing.

The fact is, Major is a lovely horse and is exactly as GR has described him in the advert. Jumping is not his thing, for whatever reason, but he loves his other work and is a poppet on the ground. GR has spent a lot of time, effort and heartache to do right by him as she adores him and I can only imagine this was an impossible decision for her.

I also know that Major will only go to the best home where his needs and history are fully known and understood.

To make such a sweeping statement is unfair and unnecessary.

Girlracer

Visit site
This is exactly what I'm referring to in my latest thread. The horse is not some kind of demonic psycho, he is the easiest horse on the world, except (for whatever reason) when you're jumping. Which is why he's sold to a none jumping home, all along it was to a hack or hunt home as unsuitable for jumping. I told anyone abo contacted me the reasons why.

I've now been pressured into essentially retiring him, when he is happy and able to do so much more More. I have hundreds of people who know him and would vouch for his temperament and nature. He is VERY quiet, I would let my mum take him hunting and a child handle him.