Farewell Billy x x x x x

SonnysHumanSlave

Visit site
As most of you will have been aware that through the course of the summer last year, Billy had several bouts of re-curring choke. Which he eventually recovered from.

He was sold to a friend of mine in November, so i have being seeing him on regular occasions.

Unfortunatly Billy got choke while out 2 weeks ago. He must have been like it all day before it was noticed (people at work) as he coughed so much his wind pipes collapsed.

He then had to have steroids (lots of them) to keep his windpipes open. and on several occasions these collapsed and he had to be "tubed" to keep his airways open.

A few days ago although he looked fine he was being kept going by the drugs he was being given. The case being he was never going to be ridden again, chances are he would've been unable to go out in the field again, and also the realization that money is not in endless supply comes into this and he was put down at lunch time today.

We didn't want him to suffer anymore. I will miss him dearly he was the most charismatic, naughty but beautiful horse.

Goodbye Billy.

Photo-0155.jpg

Photo-0139.jpg

SonnysHumanSlave

Visit site
No none of us did the vet has said that his airways had become inflanned so its possible the whole lot is caused by something he had eaten in the field at this time of year, but there was no way of ever finding out what the cause was.

colmio

Visit site
Oh how sad, but there are times when this is the very best option. He sounds very special- gotta love those naughty interesting characters.

Llwyncwn

Visit site
How terribly sad, poor little man. As someone recently told me, Rainbow Bridge is waiting with friends to greet him. Sending you and your friend healing vibes xxxxxxxx